Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

These media pundits are idiots. It's always the same group who have achieved nothing since retiring. Interestingly McCoist & Saunders both failed as managers and Richards, well don't get me started on him. 

Anyone who does go against the narrative gets shot down in flames & labelled as having an agenda. 

We are not asking for the world here. We are asking, almost pleading, that we have a manager who will use this squad of players correctly. A manager who can imprint a style of play. A manager who won't upset players on a weekly basis. A manager who isn't a massive risk based on one good season in a tinpot league. A manager that will show a bit of bravery by changing things early on in a game. 

Yet because that's what we want and see other managers in the Prem doing, we are all fickle and told to get back in our box. The whole appointment has been a disaster and we need to get rid. 

Edited by UpTheVilla26
  • Like 3

Just now, UpTheVilla26 said:

These media pundits are idiots. It's always the same group who have achieved nothing since retiring. Interestingly McCoist & Saunders both failed as managers and Richards, well don't get me started on him. 

Anyone who does go against the narrative gets shot down in flames & labelled as having an agenda. 

We are not asking for the world here. We are asking, almost pleading, that we have a manager who will use this squad of players correctly. A manager who can imprint a style of play. A manager who won't upset players on a weekly basis. A manager who isn't a massive risk based on one good season in a tinpot league. A manager that will show a bit of bravery by changing things early on in a game. 

A bit like politicians aren’t they? Always protecting their mates… 🙄

Has Carra even said a word on how shite of a job his pal Stevie has done?

• Like 1

Smith was a happy marriage that went stale due to various reasons.

However we handled the break up well and Smith and the club split before it became toxic and upset the kids (fans!). A sad end to a good thing but it worked for all parties and was the right thing to do at the right time.

Smith moved on to a lovely lowkey new relationship. Villa rebounded to the closest bit of skirt with no morals or style but who looked pretty and will now get royally screwed over in the next divorce settlement after sticking with them for too long in the hope that this is 'the one'.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

We are clutching at straws here. But surly they most have some sort of board meeting to discuss the situation, because things are not great, hopefully they will make the right decision. 

With my tin foil hat on, I’m believing there is decisions being discussed right now and the club is in radio silence, until the club makes their mind up  

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

Yes yes it should mean something. We’re now paying for being too arrogant and thinking otherwise.

No, it shouldn't.

If the credit in the bank can translate into results going forward, then fine.

But we shouldn't be giving managers time just because they used to be good. It's a waste of time.

Dean's time was up. I'd have kept him ahead of gerrard, but a poor subsequent appointment doesn't mean it was wrong to get rid of Smith

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

People expecting an imminent dismissal are likely to be very disappointed in my view. History seems to have been clouded somewhat in some peoples minds but NSWE were very patient with Dean. We had awful, sustained periods in each of Dean’s seasons in charge and they stuck with him through the first three of them. I suspect that Gerrard will be given until at least the WC break. 
It is however, becoming harder and harder to see what Gerrard is trying to do. He desperately needs to change things in the hope that a change in fortunes follows. I think Luis will get a run of games now which is helpful. At Arsenal, I would also play Tim as a 6 alongside Bouba, allowing Luis to play more centrally as an 8. He can then play Phil/Emi and Leon as inverted wingers with Ollie up top. This will enable us to sit deep and hit Arsenal on the break.

I actually think we will get something at Arsenal. They are due some dropped points and we are due a bit of luck. If Gerrard is brave enough to mix up selection and tactics then we may even win. 

They were patient with Dean because the season we got promoted, nobody felt we were good enough to get promoted. Then in our first season, they had no choice, the team that survived, had no right to stay up really, it was literally a one man team. Outside the goalie there wasn't one proven premier league player in that squad! We finsihed 11th with a points tally that would have got us 8th (I think) last season, when a poor second half of a season saw smith under scrutiny. 5 prem defeats in a row lost his job. If we lose our next 2 games that 5 prem defeats in 6 games with a squad that should be mixing it in the top half  of the league. That is sackable for sure.

Smith got sacked on the back of 5 defeats in a row when he should have had credit in the bank! Unfortunately the amazing start we had the previous season gave everyone a false sense of the squads capabilities. Personally I always felt Smith wasn't quite up to taking us to the next level, so i always felt an upgrade was going to be necessary. However, I also always felt, Gerrard wasn't a good choice, as he hadn't proven himself as a manager yet. Managing Rangers to a league title while Celtic were in transition was to be expected for a Rangers manager. Fergie for example won multiple trophies with Aberdeen, now that was special.

Also the problem with Gerrard isn't bravery. He has been very brave, dropping Mings, and stripping him of the captiaincy. He has been very brave sticking to his tactical system. Picking Coutinho, even when Buendia is playing better. Keeping McGinn on the pitch even when he is playing poorly. He had no choice but to sub him at Palace as the guy was about to be sent off and had been run ragged by Eze and Zaha. Accepting when he is wrong seems to be his problem! Being flexible seems to be his problem! Having tactical nous seems to be his problem!

Gerrard needs something from the next two games, otherwise he with have earned the sack. 2022 hasn't been anywhere near good enough so far!

• Like 1

Â