Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Currently 5/2 to be next manager sacked.

Id say this could be his last week in charge. He isnt winning any of next two so i think he could be sacked sunday

The board and the fans will not accept  one win in five or four wins in fifteen.

Thats relegation form

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Aston Villa the graveyard for many a manager hammers another nail in the coffin to Gerrard's career in management.

Really, it’s the club, the owners and the players fault that he has not a sodding clue about managing us? Lol.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Id say this could be his last week in charge. He isnt winning any of next two so i think he could be sacked sunday

The board and the fans will not accept  one win in five or four wins in fifteen.

Thats relegation form

We'll somehow win the next 2 - and he gets another small life raft for another month. 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Thats relegation form

Millionaires will be made with them odds

2 hours ago, AV82 said:

Steven Gerrard hasn't lost the dressing room. He never had it. He can't coach and he has the personality of a bumhole. What are his strengths exactly?

sliding-like.gif

3 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Once again a Gerrard half-time team talk has a negative effect. He must be the least motivating person going and given how he seems happy to throw players under the bus, it’s no surprise at all.

As a player and a manager he has always known success, until he actually joined a club where success isn’t a given. He is failing and I don’t think he knows what to do as it’s a new experience for him.

I think it's less that and more that opposing managers normally make changes to tactics/personnel if things aren't going well and Gerrard is totally incapable of then responding to the changes that the opposition makes.

Just now, jacketspuds said:

If we win the next 2 he will deserve some credit.

I think we’ll lose both though.

Oh agreed. 

Just used to the frustration at this point - almost seems like "nature" will give Gerrard some results to keep stringing him along here. But he really shouldn't win those games what so ever

Just now, cheltenham_villa said:

Not following the Beale love in, we were shit with him as well.

No love in. Just the fact that the guy can actually coach and set a team up. He has a clue, even Rangers fan credit him more than SG when it comes to the success they had.

He was crap too, but as bad as SG? No way. Clueless, inept, useless.

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Stats are hard to read and though I’m not calling for him to go necessarily right now I also cannot defend him any longer… He has had long enough and now pressure is rightly building against him. He is lost and clueless and not sure if he can find his way here again. 

4 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Once again a Gerrard half-time team talk has a negative effect. He must be the least motivating person going and given how he seems happy to throw players under the bus, it’s no surprise at all.

As a player and a manager he has always known success, until he actually joined a club where success isn’t a given. He is failing and I don’t think he knows what to do as it’s a new experience for him.

This is it in a nutshell (except for the fact he doesn’t know much about coaching or tactics).

Not winning a majority of games is completely new to him and he can’t deal with it.

Â