Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I'd be surprised if we aren't around 7 pts from those games. If we don't pick beat West Ham Saturday then I don't see where we get those 7 pts from. 

I also don't think he'd be sacked if we match those points totals.

They'll be an expectation of at least 7pts from SOU lee for games. Plus something from WHU and lei. 7 or less and there's an issue, though I guess could wait til winter break given only 5 games until then and they are ful BRE new MNU bha.

35 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Here’s a hypothetical question for everyone. Which scenario would you prefer?

a) We get 11 points from the next 5 games and then Gerrard gets rest of the season. 

b) we keep losing until Gerrard gets the sack. 

a) is not going to happen so what is the point in asking the question? We are going to get embarrassed and I am dreading it tbh.

Of course, we want as many wins and points as possible. The manager is holding us back, severely.

Where is any belief that he is got in to improve us even coming from? Just look at his record, the stats, the FACTS.

39 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Here’s a hypothetical question for everyone. Which scenario would you prefer?

a) We get 11 points from the next 5 games and then Gerrard gets rest of the season. 

b) we keep losing until Gerrard gets the sack. 

I would take 'a' with the caveat that I would sack Gerrard today if we could get Poch in as manager

36 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think you misunderstood my post. The OP said anybody that takes pleasure in us losing is not a Villa fan. 

But losing is the only way Gerrard will lose his job. So do those that want Gerrard gone want us to win games or do they prefer us to lose so he will be replaced?

Sacking Gerrard doesn’t necessarily mean there will be “pleasure”. Maybe relief more than anything.

It seems like more of a necessity than anything else.

The only genuine pleasure will come with seeing an exciting, successful side out on that pitch that actually has a style of play and knows what it’s doing! 

Only way I see that happening is with a new manager but we have to get that appointment right. No one is saying there any guarantees but surely it can’t get any worse than this or this guy?

1 Point from 3 games,FFS

If you look at the successful new managers,they have ALL started off as they mean to carry on,Newcastle,Burnley.We on the other hand look like we have started as we mean to carry on as well..I cant see a decent manager bieng this bad,after 2 transfer windows,over half a season on the job and buying 5/6 players.If after all that this is the best SG can do then we really need another manager.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Where is any belief that he is got in to improve us even coming from? Just look at his record, the stats, the FACTS.

A win and a draw against Leicester last season and a 4-0 against Saints. Leicester in a bad place. West Ham in a bad place. Those games are winnable. Arsenal and City obvs less so but only one goal difference in each of the three games against these sides under Gerrard, so margins have been fine before.

It's not a likely set of results obviously, but not impossible.

4 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

1 Point from 3 games,FFS

If you look at the successful new managers,they have ALL started off as they mean to carry on,Newcastle,Burnley.We on the other hand look like we have started as we mean to carry on as well..I cant see a decent manager bieng this bad,after 2 transfer windows,over half a season on the job and buying 5/6 players.If after all that this is the best SG can do then we really need another manager.  

Three points. One win from three games.

12 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

a) is not going to happen so what is the point in asking the question? We are going to get embarrassed and I am dreading it tbh.

Of course, we want as many wins and points as possible. The manager is holding us back, severely.

Just a bit of fun. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

13 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I would take 'a' with the caveat that I would sack Gerrard today if we could get Poch in as manager

Yeah if there is no clear run to a very good Manager I kind of don't see the point in doing any more " punts ".

As mad as it sounds, I'd rather us attempt to intervene in his Management style and sign the players we NEED ( Such as another class CM ). Something which would benefit us regardless of Manager.

I'm sure there must be SOME things SG is good at, and unlike many I don't actually dislike the man. I think he is potentially just too hard headed for his own good.

If they accepted that they invested in a " Learning Manager " and are in it for the long haul then they also need to go all out in moulding him, and if he refuses to listen to anyone then there's only one choice 

I'd still ideally like it to work out but I'm currently a bit hopeless.

And to be fair to @jim I think he is just trying to be " sensible " by looking at the overall picture, and having some patience, doesn't mean he is wrong or right necessarily.

I'd never want us to lose games though, at worst I'd like us to stutter along and pick up points unconvincingly then if they want to make a change it's for an upper echelon candidate.

I think one of the MAJOR concerns is that McGinn is now our Captain and now seems our weakest midfield link.

It's not like we can all of a sudden take it off him and drop him either as that might be worse than the original decision.

I personally wouldn't mind if they admitted it was a f*CK up and changed direction, as hurtful as it would be to McGinn and as much flack as SG would get.

But of a clusterf*CK!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

11 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Sacking Gerrard doesn’t necessarily mean there will be “pleasure”. Maybe relief more than anything.

It seems like more of a necessity than anything else.

The only genuine pleasure will come with seeing an exciting, successful side out on that pitch that actually has a style of play and knows what it’s doing! 

Only way I see that happening is with a new manager but we have to get that appointment right. No one is saying there any guarantees but surely it can’t get any worse than this or this guy?

We said that about Sherwood and it got worse with Garde.

Id like to see Potter.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If we keep losing the club may sack Gerrard and put Critchley in charge until the winter break where they can take time in finding the right replacement. If from now until then Critchley does really well he may get the whole season! Imagine that. 

If we keep losing then SG will be fired. Replacement is always a tough one, particularly midseason. My dream would be Poch and he is currently on the dole so he may be appreciative of some employment. But other than that I expect Critchley would get a run at it

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If we keep losing the club may sack Gerrard and put Critchley in charge until the winter break where they can take time in finding the right replacement. If from now until then Critchley does really well he may get the whole season! Imagine that. 

Its a bit terrifying if honest

2 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Ok,3 points from 3 games.Wow,we will be out of sight by christmas at that rate.

Just joking here but… you could say, doing better than United, Liverpool, West Ham, Leicester, Wolves and Everton.

And only a point off Chelsea and only 4 points off City. 

Â