Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

2 hours ago, MrSmirch said:

Gerrard doesn’t do any coaching and the players themselves have said he barely speaks to them. We were shit last year under Beale and he’s gone thankfully. 

Critchley is the one to pin your hopes on but as he’s missed pre season…

Well they were showing video of him taking part in coaching outhere during our OZ tour, and he was speaking to plenty of them after the game at Optus on Saturday, 

I loved having Dean Smith as our manager, I can admit to having a wobble before Lockdown in 2020 but he proved me wrong, and on the whole I am enjoying having Steven Gerrard as our manager so I’m not sure exactly where anyone would pigeonhole me? 😂

About SG, I’m not sure if it’s because he used to play for and captain Liverpool and score regularly against us as a player, or if it’s because they’re worried that he’s going to leave at the first opportunity, but the section of fans on here who’ve been against him literally from day one are baffling. I don’t think anything is ever going to change their mind about him, and I guess that is their opinion, and they’re entitled to it, but god doesn’t it get tedious to read. Whether it’s for his own selfish reasons or not, he wants success and that can only be a good thing for us!

It’s been up and down since SG arrived, and of course he is not immune to criticism as we have seen the good, the bad and definitely the ugly since November, but as a fan base we have to draw a line under last season as it’s gone. We’ve had a relatively decent preseason (unbeaten, 3 wins from 4) and we’ve got the strongest squad I’ve ever seen in my 30 plus years as a supporter. We should all be genuinely optimistic for the season, we’ve strengthened in areas where we needed strengthening and previous signings are obviously going to be more settled.

I know I’m not going to change any bodies mind on this matter, but just thought I’d give my 2p’s worth.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

I loved having Dean Smith as our manager, I can admit to having a wobble before Lockdown in 2020 but he proved me wrong, and on the whole I am enjoying having Steven Gerrard as our manager so I’m not sure exactly where anyone would pigeonhole me? 😂

About SG, I’m not sure if it’s because he used to play for and captain Liverpool and score regularly against us as a player, or if it’s because they’re worried that he’s going to leave at the first opportunity, but the section of fans on here who’ve been against him literally from day one are baffling. I don’t think anything is ever going to change their mind about him, and I guess that is their opinion, and they’re entitled to it, but god doesn’t it get tedious to read. Whether it’s for his own selfish reasons or not, he wants success and that can only be a good thing for us!

It’s been up and down since SG arrived, and of course he is not immune to criticism as we have seen the good, the bad and definitely the ugly since November, but as a fan base we have to draw a line under last season as it’s gone. We’ve had a relatively decent preseason (unbeaten, 3 wins from 4) and we’ve got the strongest squad I’ve ever seen in my 30 plus years as a supporter. We should all be genuinely optimistic for the season, we’ve strengthened in areas where we needed strengthening and previous signings are obviously going to be more settled.

I know I’m not going to change any bodies mind on this matter, but just thought I’d give my 2p’s worth.

Think the biggest issue is the system he is attempting to play. We seem to struggle to break teams down with it. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

Don't like him and probably never will. That said results have been good enough for a guy taking over mid season.

He's said he's aiming for 7th - but I think 10th is more reasonable.

To much debate right now a bit pointless season starts in just over a week - all will be revealed in due course.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Think the biggest issue is the system he is attempting to play. We seem to struggle to break teams down with it. 

Ok here's a first.

I'm agreeing with VLV here.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, hippo said:

Ok here's a first.

It’s funny you said this because I was just about to say the same about this :)

30 minutes ago, hippo said:

Don't like him and probably never will. That said results have been good enough for a guy taking over mid season.

He's said he's aiming for 7th - but I think 10th is more reasonable.

To much debate right now a bit pointless season starts in just over a week - all will be revealed in due course.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, hippo said:

Ok here's a first.

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s funny you said this because I was just about to say the same about this :)

Naked gun GIF - Find on GIFER

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, jim said:

**** me, when you think you’ve seen it all, this little nugget of bollocks pops up 😂

It's not as far fetched as you might think.

Ferguson barely interacted with his players during the week and let his coaches run the show. It was only on match days that he got stuck in with the players.

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

It's not as far fetched as you might think.

Ferguson barely interacted with his players during the week and let his coaches run the show. It was only on match days that he got stuck in with the players.

Fair play, but to be honest, from the little i've seen, he doesn't seem the type, especially as an ex player.

You often see him talking to the players pre and post match, and on the training ground snippets.

So unless I'm told different I don't believe it.

The closest thing to what the poster might have latched on to, is when Emi said " He doesn't talk much, but when he does, people listen ".

It basically appears the poster took that quote and added a shit load of flamboyance to it for effect.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

“He (Beale) knows so much about football, it’s just incredible. He does all the training sessions, he takes all the important meetings, obviously Stevie G talks (too).“

https://tbrfootball.com/its-just-incredible-aston-villa-star-says-hes-noticed-something-really-unusual-about-gerrards-management/?amp

“He's very quiet, very calm. But when he speaks we listen," Martinez said. 

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gerrard-wenger-martinez-aston-villa-23370207.amp

As I said, he leaves the detail to others. And these are just quotes from Martinez, I’m sure there’s others from Ramsey and Digne too. I’m quite surprised at the reaction, do people not read and understand what’s being said about our current set up?

Feel free to post laughing emojis if you think I’m stupid, I do it as well.

Inshallah and still.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

obviously Stevie G talks (too).“

“He's very quiet, very calm. But when he speaks we listen," Martinez said. 

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gerrard-wenger-martinez-aston-villa-23370207.amp

As I said, he leaves the detail to others. And these are just quotes from Martinez, I’m sure there’s others from Ramsey and Digne too. I’m quite surprised at the reaction, do people not read and understand what’s being said about our current set up?

Feel free to post laughing emojis if you think I’m stupid, I do it as well.

Inshallah and still.

Yeah so you've contradicted your own hyperbole with your own evidence?

YOU literally said "  the players said he doesn't even speak to them "

Unless it's sign language he does?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 1

Â