Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

7 minutes ago, jim said:

What a load of old tosh.

I'm glad you've got a manager to support now. Really am.

If he wins some games we can all enjoy it together.

Also. It's probably four players on over £120k a week really.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

@Tomaszk we generally get along on VT so I'm not trying to be a dick, but the first paragraph is simply untrue.

The only people you can drop that line on, are some of the SAME people who give Gerrard the same treatment ( I.E the lot who are never happy regardless of Manager ).

An overwhelming majority of Villa fans loved/love Dean Smith.

I don't even know where to start with the second paragraph. You're trying to compare " slack " between a Manager who was here for 3 years, and one which has been here half - 3/4 of a season, as well as expecting people to have pitchforks out because you didn't like some of the PRE season performances and starting lineups?

Sorry but this drinks to high hills of still being bitter about Deano syndrome + " I just don't like him.

I'm all on board with valid criticisms and evaluations but when we get to the point of almost making things up it gets tough.

It is true though, we beat Southampton away in 2021 and this place was in uproar because Smith didnt make a sub until the last minute

Was an embarrassing night on Villatalk

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

It is true though, we beat Southampton away in 2021 and this place was in uproar because Smith didnt make a sub until the last minute

I remember that and I agree it was embarrassing. It’s also been embarrassing at times this preseason. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I remember that and I agree it was embarrassing. It’s also been embarrassing at times this preseason. 

I think we've had a very good pre-season, but what do I know! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

I think we've had a very good pre-season, but what do I know! 

3 wins. Queensway Champions. Draw against a highly rated pre season Manchester United team. Anyone saying it hasn't been a good pre season isn't on this planet 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, messi11 said:

3 wins. Queensway Champions. Draw against a highly rated pre season Manchester United team. Anyone saying it hasn't been a good pre season isn't on this planet 

Thats why the negativity baffles me on here. 

Oh well. 

23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I don't think Villatalk is a good sample of the fan base at large because, well, look at us. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I don't remember to be honest, but I think if anything, that would be a loud minority, over a majority.

Although, I could see no subs causing uproar.... I'm a " make a sub ffs " pest consistently regardless of who is in the dugout or on the pitch 😂

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I don't remember to be honest, but I think if anything, that would be a loud minority, over a majority.

Although, I could see no subs causing uproar.... I'm a " make a sub ffs " pest consistently regardless of who is in the dugout or on the pitch 😂

Some fan were very irrational against Smith and now it’s the same against Gerrard. The only difference is some of the irrational fans have swapped places 🤣 

Anyway back on topic. Be interesting to see what first 11 Gerrard does with next week.  Should be close to the team against Bournemouth.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Zatman said:

That’s trawling s long way back. Want something a bit more recent? If you want to sample really embarrassing stuff, scroll back to the start of this thread and start reading. It continues right up to this evening. Many of the comments make me want to cringe in shame or laugh in disbelief, can’t quite decide which.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, briny_ear said:

That’s trawling s long way back. Want something a bit more recent? If you want to sample really embarrassing stuff, scroll back to the start of this thread and start reading. It continues right up to this evening. Many of the comments make me want to cringe in shame or laugh in disbelief, can’t quite decide which.

Do you like what you've seen on the pitch from Gerrard so far?

Gerrard doesn’t do any coaching and the players themselves have said he barely speaks to them. We were shit last year under Beale and he’s gone thankfully. 

Critchley is the one to pin your hopes on but as he’s missed pre season…

Edited by MrSmirch
  • Haha 2

I’m delighted Gerrard is here. Coutinho, Digne, Kamara, Carlos weren’t going to join us if Smith was still here. I’m not a smith hater but he’s not exactly done an amazing job at Norwich so far either.

Gerrard is trying to play a far more dominant brand of football and understood that we needed some better players to execute on this properly. We’ll be far more stable with Kamara and Carlos. Just need another CM and we should be a totally different proposition this season. Next upgrades after that will obviously be Mings and Watkins and then we’ll really be flying. 

26 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

Gerrard doesn’t do any coaching and the players themselves have said he barely speaks to them. We were shit last year under Beale and he’s gone thankfully. 

Maybe not pin your hopes on him too strongly then.

Can’t even remember to check if he has a valid passport.

We’re all doomed.

1 hour ago, MrSmirch said:

Really ?  

I have heard and it seems he is more relaxed now.

He appointed our new coach - so the credit (or blame) still rests with SG. 

He has said many times that the results/performances are on him.

1 hour ago, MrSmirch said:

Who said that?

Â