The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

25 minutes ago, ada86 said:

Time to log off vt but will be back and post as normal aswell as post and information I hear from source that is allowed I guess let’s get behind Gerard and see how we go only time will tell .

Bedtime, huh? 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Means absolutely  nothing most of the top top players that won everything are flops at management level , but everyone is entitled to having their chance however 

Yes but they tend to flop very quickly.  SG is now in his fourth season which is a lot more than most top players that flop manage.

I'm not saying he would have been my top choice.  He's definitely a gamble.  But I think having a guy who is used to winning around the place will do wonders for some of our players.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

I didn't quite get the Stevie G love in, but , in the same sense, I don't get some of the hate being spewed against him on here. Such small minded people.  

There’ll be plenty of time for love and/or hate over the coming months. 

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

I agree he was a terrible manager, but never work in football again is a bit harsh. “Birmingham City’s Tim Sherwood” has a nice ring to it. 

He's nowhere near the worse manager we have had. Turner, McNeill and Garde were far worse. 

27 minutes ago, ada86 said:

Time to log off vt but will be back and post as normal aswell as post and information I hear from source that is allowed I guess let’s get behind Gerard and see how we go only time will tell .

I am not trying to correct grammar or spelling and its fine to post there / their etc, but just a little punctuation would really help us to read your comments. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Farlz said:

The most amusing thing about all this is Rangers fans thinking there's no chance he'd join us. 

Only for us to take Gerrard and his backroom staff for £3m.

terry-henry-saleh-gif.gif

And all on the day the Celtic manager got SPL manager of the month. Not a good day for the blue side of Glasgow

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I’d hire the bugger, let him buy a house in Brum then sack him while he’s driving down in the removals van. 

Disapprove of that you b*****d.

Similar vein of letting him join, be a disaster, and then have this ruin his career

Feel for @ada86 as he has had to put up with a lot of piss taking … Don’t know them, how legit or if English is even their first language, but also think that if they were posting for attention they’d maybe been a bit more outlandish…  This is why I keep the majority of info I hear to myself as it’s not worth the agro. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

He might just about prove to be marginally better than Smith.

To sack Smith you want to bring in a top dogg. We've sacked Smith for an SPL manager with a proper wank CV.

It makes no sense other than deselected glory off a "name"

Would you have taken Brendan Rogers if he was still at Celtic?