The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

27 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I think he does. Watch him for Scotland he’s got 11 goals and 2 assists in 20 games. We’ve played him as a 6 and ask too much of him IMO. If I could choose our midfield it would be John, Doug and Sanson with John in the forward position. 

To be fair most of Scotland's matches have been against opposition that are much worse than your average Premier League team.  There is no doubt that McGinn was amazing for us in the Championship (closer to the level of international qualifying matches).  But against good / top quality opposition he struggles.  He isn't quick enough to get away from people, he isn't skillful enough to beat people, most good players soon figure out his stop, turn, push you off with my ar$e and run the other way trick, he's not good enough at tracking back and he's not fit enough to keep it up for 65 minutes.  I think he is a great character and hope that we can find a way to use him more effectively (even if that is as a super sub).

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Not Newcastle and an open chequebook?

No more an open chequebook than Villa with FFP plus we are a lot positioned squad and club wise at the moment.  Newcastle have a lot of catching up to us from a club point of view (more than just league position but behind the scenes infrastructure).  Plus we have a war chest of money and rich owners plus are Newcastles ambition as high as we think given they’ve hired Eddie Howe.

11 minutes ago, ada86 said:

He is at villa park don’t post much but believe if u wish 

Gerrard is not stupid enough to be seen at villa park before any official announcement is made and neither are the people running the club - he will be in a Starbucks at star city with purslow wearing his stevie g cap 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dounavilla said:

Okay, looks like its Gerrard but here is a question for you.

Steven Gerrard or Eddie Howe if given the choice ?

Gerrard for me.

We will see when they are both bidding for Liverpool rejects in January :P  

Edited by Zatman
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

Gerrard for me.

Gerrard by miles - potter or gerrard =potter .

The like of Howe or Martinez would not cut it at villa 

9 minutes ago, hippo said:

Oh yeah something's go on for sure. I just wonder if Rangers might make a counter attempt to keep him - promising cash for players etc....

No chance.  They posted a 23 mill lost last Friday.  They will probably go to the wall like the last rangers fc. He’s getting out at the right time and he knows it.

52 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Not sure I agree with that…of course we are difficult and expectant but no more that most of the elite or big or former big club fans…

All about opinions, I know most are like it but ours are through the roof we have to many that think we are better than we really are especially at the moment

Viva da villa you carry on with I have a lot to learn my itk friend you no nothing about me I’ve been on this site for years just not posting. So you jump on people who relay a bit of information. From now on I won’t post anything I hear or any information and that is all because of you. I can’t obviously say where I hear stuff from .let’s just say one thing one day someone will make the first team 

3 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

Gerrard for me.

Gerrard. I like Eddie's football but he had PL safety in his clutches when we stayed up and messed that up big time. Also, his transfers are a tad dodgy. It will be interesting to see how he does at Toon. Buying a load of dross in Jan and taking them down is a fairly likely outcome imo

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

No more an open chequebook than Villa with FFP plus we are a lot positioned squad and club wise at the moment.  Newcastle have a lot of catching up to us from a club point of view (more than just league position but behind the scenes infrastructure).  Plus we have a war chest of money and rich owners plus are Newcastles ambition as high as we think given they’ve hired Eddie Howe.

If fairness to their ambition, they tried just about everyone else before they found someone to take the job :)

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

Gerrard. I like Eddie's football but he had PL safety in his clutches when we stayed up and messed that up big time. Also, his transfers are a tad dodgy. It will be interesting to see how he does at Toon. Buying a load of dross in Jan and taking them down is a fairly likely outcome imo

Interesting to see how he handles Ryan Fraser a man who’s refusal to play after lockdown and effectively strike probably cost the their place in the league 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ada86 said:

Viva da villa you carry on with I have a lot to learn my itk friend you no nothing about me I’ve been on this site for years just not posting. So you jump on people who relay a bit of information. From now on I won’t post anything I hear or any information and that is all because of you. I can’t obviously say where I hear stuff from .let’s just say one thing one day someone will make the first team 

You not in school today ?