The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

Is hope he gives some of these players that appear externally to be pampered privileged Representatives for Wellingborough a right **** rocket up the arse from day one. If he does that we may see an immediate improvement. 

I feel they got too comfortable with Smith and the intensity and standards were slipping.

Just now, Jono62 said:

So manager interviews, is it like a regular interview; quick look at the CV, competency based questions for an hour, maybe a short tactics quiz on a computer.

On Teams.

With Purslow in his Gerrard Liverpool shirt. Bit of a tip off there Christian.

Best ignore the scoring matrix!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Started young with me, as a Holte Ender I was a left sider and the right side was scum 😂😂😂. I used to love the banter between the left side and the right side of the Holte.

Remember the 'middle' small gap in between the two at the very back 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

I think he was trying to say that at the time Saints fans didn't know that Poch was Poch 1.0 and considered him dogshit; thereby we don't know whether Gerrard is any good or not and all of this debate is moot. 

The VillaTalk football experts also consigned Saints to relegation when his appointment was announced. 

1 minute ago, Jono62 said:

So manager interviews, is it like a regular interview; quick look at the CV, competency based questions for an hour, maybe a short tactics quiz on a computer.

Plus there’s a how will you deal with That VAR decision segment 

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Gerrards got balls to take this job.

Really?, easiest decision and job to walk into.  Bigger job, stable squad, talented squad, plenty of talented youth coming through, easy to improve under performing team, rich good owners, great fan base, large war chest, no real issues plus probably a huge pay rise, closer to home, in the PL and your boss (Purslow) is a friend.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Really?, easiest decision and job to walk into.  Bigger job, stable squad, talented squad, plenty of talented youth coming through, easy to improve under performing team, rich good owners, great fan base, large war chest, no real issues plus probably a huge pay rise, closer to home, in the PL and your boss (Purslow) is a friend.

One of the most difficult expectant fan bases in the country...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jono62 said:

"So Steven, if John McGinn is kicking off because the vendy has ran out of Irn Bru, how would you deal with the situation?"

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

Not sure if this has been posted but Rangers fans are not happy, positively bitter TBH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9kbVf_Ifo0&t=692s

Any premier league club would be a step up even Norwich. Sorry but that is the truth as the financial gap is so big now.  The point I would make is that when O'Neill left Leicester to go to Celtic in 2000 that was seen as a step up, and when Rodgers did the exact reverse a few years ago that was seen also as a step up.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Indeed - I'd say probably eight or nine of those thirteen things are true and that's more than enough for him to want to be here.

There's also the thing with Rangers that all he can really achieve is to repeat what he's already achieved - there's some merit in that, but he'll want to challenge himself.

- 

2 minutes ago, cb_82 said:

One of the most difficult expectant fan bases in the country...

Not sure I agree with that…of course we are difficult and expectant but no more that most of the elite or big or former big club fans…

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Is hope he gives some of these players that appear externally to be pampered privileged Representatives for Wellingborough a right **** rocket up the arse from day one. If he does that we may see an immediate improvement. 

I feel they got too comfortable with Smith and the intensity and standards were slipping.

I'm sure he will deliver a rocket up the arse. But we could have got Neil Warnock or Roy Keane to do that.

There's more to winning matches in the PL than raising your voice to players. I'm hoping Stevie has more in his locker than that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

Any premier league club would be a step up even Norwich. Sorry but that is the truth as the financial gap is so big now.  The point I would make is that when O'Neill left Leicester to go to Celtic in 2000 that was seen as a step up, and when Rodgers did the exact reverse a few years ago that was seen also as a step up.

When you have players performing amazingly in the SPL and then struggling at Championship level (Kris Boyd for one example), it says it all.