Christmas 2021

sidcow

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

However, next year I am going to take my time, not panic and not read any scaremongering stories on VT 😉

Happy Xmas VTers xxx

Predicted shortage of elasticated joggers. 

• Shocked 1

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Spending the day and evening at the in laws. They don't do football and object to people staring at their phones. So no watching the game for me today. 

I would object to going to the in laws if that was the case

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Had my Polish Boxing Day fish and gravy, happy as Blandy.

I've give that one another miss. In on my own watching the football drinking beer and scoffing a Turkey sandwich from our lovely Turkey crown. No searching through bones for bits of soggy meat. Next, Apple crumble and brandy cream.

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

I've give that one another miss. In on my own watching the football drinking beer and scoffing a Turkey sandwich from our lovely Turkey crown. No searching through bones for bits of soggy meat. Next, Apple crumble and brandy cream.

It’s not a thing, we’ve just had some of the Christmas Eve dishes brought round, and so I like to take this opportunity to combine the fish which is there with a separate gravy which is also obviously abundant and try out this gastric perversion. I took the opportunity this time last year to give it a go and haven’t looked back.

• Like 1

So it turns out my mum was relieved she ended up cooking for so few. 

She's getting on and hasn't done the full family Christmas for years.  We offered to host as I knew it was worrying her but my Dad's so doddery now that getting him out of the house stresses her more than anything. 

So basically everyone getting ill was a blessing in disguise for her. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

My Christmas Dinner came together absolutely perfectly. Fell asleep during Mary Poppins and woke up to crackers and 2 lidl cream cheese summits. 

Ended the night 3 bottles of red down and ordered 3 wall clocks off of Amazon. 

A man just can't have enough wall clocks. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Buffet  today , plus home made Indian madras with pakoras etc .  Washed down with Prosecco and some Cobras. 

Think I'll join ya, I mean not literally, but sounds a good day. Shame there's not more football on.

• Like 1

Spicy curry tonight... had my fill of turkey and the trimmings.

Need to get out for some fresh air today... felt a bit sluggish yesterday, so a brisk walk today will help blow the cobwebs away. 

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Spicy curry tonight... had my fill of turkey and the trimmings.

Need to get out for some fresh air today... felt a bit sluggish yesterday, so a brisk walk today will help blow the cobwebs away. 

I don't believe that.  I had LITERALLY just wondered about doing a Turkey curry tonight when I read this post.  Spooky.