Christmas 2021

sidcow

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Have stationed myself in the kitchen prepping for tomorrow whilst listening to a combo of Parquet Courts, Pepe Deluxe and Melin Melyn!

So far, the toffee crisp choc-ices are made and in the freezer and now onto the sausage, black pudding and walnut sausage roll mix!

Will be watching our family favourite Christmas movie - Arthur Christmas later with a Christmas Eve curry! 

its helpful that I can finally put a little weight on my right foot but hopping around the kitchen is not ideal 😂

image.png.b4f38b511051062ab86fcf1904ab5130.png

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Thats the work laptop shut down and the box of Roses opened! :D 

Box ? A box ?!? You poor boy, you can't afford a tin ?

In case you're hard up and in need of charity,  I've just dropped a bag load of old jogging bottoms to St Giles hospice shop near sainsbury. 

Don't be shy or proud.....just go in and ask for Big John's bag - they know me well 😉

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Brilliant

I can instantly name every player on there. 

Do a Villa photo from say 8 or 9 years ago and I reckon i'd struggle. 

• Like 2

Just now, Xela said:

I'd struggle to name more than two or three. 

The late 80s was the absolute low point of my engagement with the Villa. 

Just now, mjmooney said:

I'd struggle to name more than two or three. 

The late 80s was the absolute low point of my engagement with the Villa. 

It was the time I got properly got into football... aged 9/10. That was the first kit I had as well. 

1 minute ago, Xela said:

It was the time I got properly got into football... aged 9/10. That was the first kit I had as well. 

Yeah, that makes sense. I was in my 30s, married with a young family, 120 miles from Birmingham, and no such thing as the internet. Basically, between the 1982 EC Final and the 1994 LC Final, it's a bit of a Villa black hole for me, with only a cursory check on the Saturday results and the occasional MOTD. 

17 minutes ago, Xela said:

Brilliant

Do a Villa photo from say 8 or 9 years ago and I reckon i'd struggle. 

Same. There's one I can't quite place. And hadn't Steve Sims left by that time? 

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

Same. There's one I can't quite place. And hadn't Steve Sims left by that time? 

The only one I hesitated on was Keown? 

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

The only one I hesitated on was Keown? 

He was one of the few I knew. Does anybody else think that Emi Martinez looks a bit like Keown? No? Just me then. 

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

He was one of the few I knew. Does anybody else think that Emi Martinez looks a bit like Keown? No? Just me then. 

No, I definitely see what you mean.

Only Emi is faaaar better looking, of course. 

• Thanks 1

A hell, I've got to the counting down hours stage now. Done all the work I normally do, emails to respond to have been very quiet compared to the rest of the week...

And as I'm typing, We have the possibility of two driver inductions. Last appointment 3PM (its normally 4pm but not one chance of these drivers keeping me past 5pm)

36 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Box ? A box ?!? You poor boy, you can't afford a tin ?

In case you're hard up and in need of charity,  I've just dropped a bag load of old jogging bottoms to St Giles hospice shop near sainsbury. 

Don't be shy or proud.....just go in and ask for Big John's bag - they know me well 😉

I can't afford a tin as I spent all my pocket money on flagons of foaming ale and game pies last week! :D 

• Haha 1