Relegation Avoidance Thread

HanoiVillan

4 minutes ago, wict01 said:

We 100% are not going down this year, but on current form will probably finish 15th or 16th. My worry is for next season after Gerrard has had the chance to bring in some former Liverpool journeymen

Edit - we are now below **** Newcastle 🙄

Explain this? Are you basing this off our January transfer window? Or is it irrational worrying fed by the media 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Explain this? Are you basing this off our January transfer window? Or is it irrational worrying fed by the media 

Just a gut feeling, a rookie manager bringing in players he knows. Not exactly an off the wall prediction, I would've said. 

Awful results. Newcastle showing us how to actually fight for points and snatch wins. Burnley difficult to beat again and will take points off our lot.  Chance for us to rebuild again in the championship next season, hopefully we can come back up and progress. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

No it isn't.

Oh yes it is. We cant afford to drop down with the current owners ambitions of a new stadium and European football 

Do we pull the plug and get Big Sam in now?

12 minutes ago, wict01 said:

We 100% are not going down this year, but on current form will probably finish 15th or 16th. My worry is for next season after Gerrard has had the chance to bring in some former Liverpool journeymen. 

Edit - we are now below **** Newcastle 🙄

Even if we dont go down. a big IF. 15th-20th place finish ISNT GOOD ENOUGH. He must go

4 minutes ago, wict01 said:

Just a gut feeling, a rookie manager bringing in players he knows. Not exactly an off the wall prediction, I would've said. 

We’ve signed Coutinho Digne and chambers, tried to sign Hickey. Gerrards not stupid, first the narrative was he was going to bring players from rangers with him. Now it’s he’s giving old Liverpool mates their last pay day

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

We’ve signed Coutinho Digne and chambers, tried to sign Hickey. Gerrards not stupid, first the narrative was he was going to bring players from rangers with him. Now it’s he’s giving old Liverpool mates their last pay day

Sorry, I'm really yet to be convinced that he's "not stupid". Thoroughly underwhelming first 6 months here for him. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rustibrooks said:

I think we’ll finish 11th again or 12th. Have a bit of faith, I have a feeling we’ll win against Leicester.

If we beat Leicester, Norwich and Burnley everyone will be back saying "can we make a late push for top 8??" 🤣

That's the hilarious thing about football. We have been up and down all season long. 

That being said, some of the comments in here, especially from a particular poster who's age is reflected in his username, are way WAY over the top and are designed as an attention seeking cry for help. 

• Like 3