Elden Ring

Chindie

4 minutes ago, picicata said:

Does this have crossplay? I'm getting it tomorrow on my PS5, I've played Bloodborne so I know I'm going to die a lot and may end up needing a bit of help from those with more skill than me!

Something tells me you won't have trouble finding people to summon 🙂

The Breath of the Wild comparison makes me want to buy it. The Dark Souls comparison would make me prefer to put my nuts in a shredder. Does it lean more towards one game more than the other?!

56 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Where does it sit on the difficulty scale? 

It's hard to say really.

I think experiences may vary wildly depending on comfort levels with Soulslike games in general, plus how much a player explores. Exploring does mean more chance to level up, but it also means you can roam into areas you're not supposed to be in yet. 

I have personally found the game rather easy. I am about 8 hours in and I've died 9 times, but a friend of mine died like 67 times in the first 6 hours he played so it's going to depend on the player in the end. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Risso said:

The Breath of the Wild comparison makes me want to buy it. The Dark Souls comparison would make me prefer to put my nuts in a shredder. Does it lean more towards one game more than the other?!

The BOTW comparison is pretty much because it's an open world game with more organic discovery elements instead of a thousand markers on a map.

Combat wise, It's still very much a Souls game at heart.

• Like 1

Â