Weekends Football 29/31 October

andykeenan

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

I Suppose the problem is with the position they are in, they arent a very attractive prospect to a "top" manager.

Even if they can spend big in jan or the summer, they might be in such a poor position come Jan or the summer, that its effectively a rebuild, or maybe even needing to get promoted from the Champ?

I dunno, will be interesting to see who they get.

They were talking to Paulo Fonseca last weekend. Luciene Favre is available and was talking to Crystal Palace in the summer.

I think they've said themselves they're not going to get an A* manager anytime soon but some of those have european experience and knowledge at least so would be good stepping stone managers at least.

Brighton away next weekend so another game they'll struggle to win as Brighton were excellent second half today and could've beaten Liverpool in the end so really they could leave a new manager with too much to do if they're not careful.

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

Yeah, it’s backfired spectacularly. Wasn’t it £120m or £130m offered but they wanted £160m?

He was shite at the Euros, they should have snatched City’s hand off.

Yep. And the problem here is they've just set the rebuilding process back a year e.g. they'll finish 8th-9th with Kane this year then sell him and probably finish in those positions next season given the void they'd then have in final third. Whereas could've just had that season now while integrating whichever striker they wanted to replace him.

Hard to think which game we've played recently was worse performance, Spurs or Arsenal. Arsenal are on good run at least. Big issues for us if we finish about 10 points off Spurs as don't think they'll get more than 50 points.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Yep. And the problem here is they've just set the rebuilding process back a year e.g. they'll finish 8th-9th with Kane this year then sell him and probably finish in those positions next season given the void they'd then have in final third. Whereas could've just had that season now while integrating whichever striker they wanted to replace him.

Hard to think which game we've played recently was worse performance, Spurs or Arsenal. Arsenal are on good run at least. Big issues for us if we finish about 10 points off Spurs as don't think they'll get more than 50 points.

Unless he dramatically improves Spurs will be lucky to get more than £60/70m for Kane next summer.

3 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

I have to say, Vieira is really impressing me. This season is a genuine rebuild for Palace, 9 new players and 12 left and a new manager. If Arteta wasn't on a good run I expect Arsenal would be talking to him

I think his signing of Gallagher, was an inspired one.....I was hoping we would be in for him, when he was at Albion and I said so ,on here.....not the biggest or most powerful, but an engine fit to drive a tractor.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Yeah something ridiculous like that, after Graham Potter, Brian Potter , Harry Potter, Gary Potter, Larry Potter and a few others.

58 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Would love to see Norwich win, firstly so they get the win in before playing us, and secondly...**** Leeds.

Not looking beyond the realms of possibility from what I've seen so far. 

I'm just confused about how the bestest manager in the world ever can have his team play for 28 minutes against the rock bottom guaranteed relegation certainties and basically look no better than them, in fact probably worse. 

He should surely shout some magical instructions or make a subtle change of formation which would swing the game around and see them finishing 8 - 0 against this doomed Norwich team.  Surely? 

• Haha 1

Â