Weekends Football 24/26 September

andykeenan

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

They're 9th on the deloitte money league, more revenue than Juve, they massively pinch above their weight seeing as they don't actually win anything 

He's not as good or as bad as Woodward but he's of the same ilk

Sorry. As the CEO of the company that runs Spurs hes been great for their balance sheet. Hes done a good job with the stadium ( imagine how many £10 pints were sold last nignt at the Joshua fight ) and its in no way hindered their spending as its all long term loans that will be paid for by itself and sporting / entertainment events. 

As the CEO of a sporting club he is **** abysmal. 

Arsenal are very poorly coached. At least with Nuno, he hasn't had time to put his stamp on the team yet. Arteta has been here for damn near 18 months and they look like they haven't practiced a single attacking pattern of play. We need to be beating both teams, who are coming up next month. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Arsenal are very poorly coached. At least with Nuno, he hasn't had time to put his stamp on the team yet. Arteta has been here for damn near 18 months and they look like they haven't practiced a single attacking pattern of play. We need to be beating both teams, who are coming up next month. 

I agree and Arteta is 2 years there in Dec

24 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

They had a very different side out in their first couple of games. 

It’s a bit like us, they have finally got a chance to get their best 11 out there and they have looked comfortable in their recent matches. 

I don’t think they have great strength in depth, i’d say our bench is stronger than theirs, but they are probably the most comparable side to ourselves in the league. 

I’d say our first XI is better too. Wouldn’t swap too many of ours for one of theirs. 

33 minutes ago, El Zen said:

I’d say our first XI is better too. Wouldn’t swap too many of ours for one of theirs. 

Probably only Son at the moment. Kane is off the boil. Their whole team needs a refresh. It's poor in multiple different ways. You have the ones who just aren't good enough like Dier and Sanchez, you have the ones whose heads are gone like Kane and N'Dombele, the weird ones who don't fit in and make no sense in the team like Emerson Royal, Doherty and Alli (under Nuno), the overrated one-note, one-pace defensive midfielder Hoijbjerg, Lucas Moura who is shit all season but has 3 world class games, 2 against Villa and another picked at random (City opener).

The only bright sparks for them right now are Tanganga and Skipp, the former who seems to only be able to get a game at RB currently because the other 2 employed by the club are so bad at the minute. Instead of hiring 2 defensive coaches to make sense of Poch's squad, Levy should have given him the funds to overhaul it when it got stale. They need to hire a football man at the top and relieve Levy of his duties so he can only focus on financial and commercial deals. He's running the team into the ground.

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Probably only Son at the moment. Kane is off the boil. Their whole team needs a refresh. It's poor in multiple different ways. You have the ones who just aren't good enough like Dier and Sanchez, you have the ones whose heads are gone like Kane and N'Dombele, the weird ones who don't fit in and make no sense in the team like Emerson Royal, Doherty and Alli (under Nuno), the overrated one-note, one-pace defensive midfielder Hoijbjerg, Lucas Moura who is shit all season but has 3 world class games, 2 against Villa and another picked at random (City opener).

Sure, agree on all bar maybe Højbjerg, but to be clear, I was talking about Arsenal. 

Just now, El Zen said:

Sure, agree on all bar maybe Højbjerg, but to be clear, I was talking about Arsenal. 

Oh our squad was clear of Arsenal since last season :D 

I don't know what it is about Hojbjerg, something about him rubs me the wrong way. It's probably the way he's used at Spurs. I bet he'd look a lot better if they had a creative midfielder playing with him. As it stands, attacks just break down with him because he struggles to see passes that aren't 5 yards in front of him. He looked class at the Euros.

• Like 1

On 25/09/2021 at 06:36, SuperTed said:

I know I may be made an outcast for admitting to this but I went to the Baggies match with my Father-in-law last night 😩 I can say with confidence that if every team in that division plays at the same level as Baggies, who are currently top, then anyone who is promoted this season is going straight back down. They were absolutely dreadful. 

I think Covid has probably accelerated the huge gap between Premier League and Championship. Frankly a lot of efl clubs are in big trouble financially with Derby perhaps one of several going to administration. It is getting rather dull as it is almost a mini league of about 3-4 clubs constantly going up and down the 2 divisions- Watford, Norwich, Fulham, Albion etc.

There are hardly any big clubs in that division. In our first season down there it had us, Newcastle,   and Leeds. That would have massively pushed up attendances and away attendances as well to all of the clubs.  I would say league one almost has as many big clubs down there at the moment.

Â