Energy Bills

Genie

6 minutes ago, Xann said:

Community nurses are worried patients are going to start turning off borrowed NHS devices they have at home, such as oxygen concentrators.

Levelling up.

All part of the master plan to reduce demand.  Lower the population, hey presto. 

Edited by sidcow

4 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I saw somewhere in a news report that the 1 year forward electricity price in Germany halved in the last 24 hours.

The talk is that speculators were pushing the price up and have now taken profits and manipulated the price back down. 
🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Fuel prices in the US are collapsing too.

Boris also mentioned in his speech earlier that it was the fault of previous governments for not installing new power stations like the one he visited today.

If the Tories had done it when they got into power they’d be open now. Prick.

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Boris also mentioned in his speech earlier that it was the fault of previous governments for not installing new power stations like the one he visited today.

If the Tories had done it when they got into power they’d be open now. Prick.

Every govt just pushes the can down the road because they don’t want to make the decision themselves.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ender4 said:

Isn’t this the nuclear plant they’ve been talking about building for the past 20 years?  The govt could have just spent the £20b 20 years ago and made that money back by now!

If I learnt anything from watching the news yesterday then a £20b spend would have saved £10b in energy costs every year.

• Haha 3

I still can’t believe the government aren’t fixing the cap. 

The fallout of that is far, far less than whatever dogs dinner of crap they will come up with.

Fix the cap

Pro: affordable vast majority of people and financial help for millions of people isn’t required.

Con: Suppliers will be selling at a loss and need government assistance. 

It will be much easier to focus attention on a dozen businesses than 50 million people dropping dead or going bankrupt all over the place.

Fund the financial assistance for suppliers either partly, or fully via windfall tax.

Edited by Genie

I mean, it really wasn't great strategic thinking for Germany to proudly announce to the world that they'd got their gas reserves in order was it? 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, ml1dch said:

Something there doesn't remotely add up. An average £10K a year per home pre crisis? For homes with an average 50 bedrooms, plus associated living spaces and large scale kitchens? Can't possibly be correct.

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

I mean, it really wasn't great strategic thinking for Germany to proudly announce to the world that they'd got their gas reserves in order was it? 

We should all be livid at the fossil fuel industry.
Germany may be getting there by Spring?

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

Maybe trying to lower the price from speculators who have been pushing the price even higher than it probably needs to be.

2 hours ago, Risso said:

Something there doesn't remotely add up. An average £10K a year per home pre crisis? For homes with an average 50 bedrooms, plus associated living spaces and large scale kitchens? Can't possibly be correct.

I've known various old people's homes owners for various reasons and they are all absolutely raking it in whilst also constantly moaning that they don't get paid enough to make the business sustainable. 

Meanwhile all the staff are on minimum wage. 

3 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Maybe trying to lower the price from speculators who have been pushing the price even higher than it probably needs to be.

Well that's backfired spectacularly as prices are likely to rise higher now as supply dries up. 

Â