Villa Park - Atmosphere [merged]

MaVilla

4 minutes ago, tommytenjobs said:

Music absolutely ruined any attempts at pregame atmosphere. Time and again chants start then stop as you can't hear your self think. 10mins before kick off starting hi ho silver lining and it kept going until kick off itself. No chance for fans to create and curate a build up. Just brash in your face noise and fake nonsense like hhsl. That's not a villa song and never has been. Just generic tune we all know the words to. Sweet Caroline ends any chance at the end too. Fed up with banging this same drum. Feel like a 'better I'm my day' old codger........

Yeah that horrendous, loud screeching noise being belted out the speakers before kick off kills any attmept to generate an atmosphere. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tommytenjobs said:

Music absolutely ruined any attempts at pregame atmosphere. Time and again chants start then stop as you can't hear your self think. 10mins before kick off starting hi ho silver lining and it kept going until kick off itself. No chance for fans to create and curate a build up. Just brash in your face noise and fake nonsense like hhsl. That's not a villa song and never has been. Just generic tune we all know the words to. Sweet Caroline ends any chance at the end too. Fed up with banging this same drum. Feel like a 'better I'm my day' old codger........

There was a point around 20-30 minutes before kickoff where they were playing highlights of Villa goals with really loud, tinny commentary while at the same time playing horrendously loud dance music.

As my headache got worse and worse, I literally wanted to find the person responsible for this and kill them.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, villanmac said:

I want us to ditch the pre-game music so we can dispel this myth that it's the reason why the atmosphere is so shit.

I don't think the pre match music has anything to do with the in game atmosphere, but it certainly kills it before the game and when the players are walking out.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

The Wolves vlog (and they were level headed and fair towards us generally) said they didn't hear the Villa fans at all except when we scored.

I can honestly say I didn't hear the Wolves fans once in the whole of the game.

• Like 3

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

I can honestly say I didn't hear the Wolves fans once in the whole of the game.

And yet that's all I could hear on my stream. That said, it was a quiet game in general, not much singing from either side, just more Wolves than Villa.

1 minute ago, GlobalVillan said:

And yet that's all I could hear on my stream. That said, it was a quiet game in general, not much singing from either side, just more Wolves than Villa.

I'm going to watch it again later tonight, be interesting to hear the difference, but absolutely honestly, if you'd have told me they weren't there I wouldn't have been surprised, there was nothing from them. There were quiet periods, especially in the first half, but there was some sort of song going from our end pretty much the whole way through.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm going to watch it again later tonight, be interesting to hear the difference, but absolutely honestly, if you'd have told me they weren't there I wouldn't have been surprised, there was nothing from them. There were quiet periods, especially in the first half, but there was some sort of song going from our end pretty much the whole way through.

At away games, all you can hear is Villa. Whether you are at the game or watching on TV. Home games tho, they are generally not so good atmosphere wise, unless you are stood at the back of the upper Holte.

Just now, GlobalVillan said:

At away games, all you can hear is Villa. Whether you are at the game or watching on TV. Home games tho, they are generally not so good atmosphere wise, unless you are stood at the back of the upper Holte.

Sounded pretty good from where I was in the Lower Ellis. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Yeah I don’t agree with this, I guessing it’s just the positioning of the mics.  More than just the Upper Holte singing.

• Like 1

Just now, nick76 said:

Yeah I don’t agree with this, I guessing it’s just the positioning of the mics.  More than just the Upper Holte singing.

Hopefully yes. Although Wolves fans were also saying that VP was quiet.

I also don't think the noise from the Holte travels well across the pitch as the acoustics are pretty bad, given the huge gaps at each corner.

Incredibly loud music at any point when the game isn’t on seems to be an ever growing trend at football grounds. I absolutely hate it. 

I still haven’t forgiven Wembley for it taking the shine off the play off victory celebrations 

• Like 2

The atmosphere at the wolves game was good, the crowd were louder and singing more than other times I've been recently.

The Wolves fans were very quiet. It's a nonsense that they are saying VP was quiet, it really wasn't.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, GlobalVillan said:

Although Wolves fans were also saying

That’s where you went wrong!

They were quiet as a mouse yesterday compared to many visiting supporters so I’m not sure they can say anything.

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

That’s where you went wrong!

They were quiet as a mouse yesterday compared to many visiting supporters so I’m not sure they can say anything.

On my stream, Wolves were all I could hear for most parts of the game.  That's why I asked if the mics had moved there.

Edited by GlobalVillan

Just now, GlobalVillan said:

On my stream, Wolves were all I could hear for most parts of the game.  That's why I asked of the mics had moved there.

Must have been for whatever reason because Wolves were quite quiet for an away section in my opinion.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

Have to say, watching the game on TV, yet again, all you could hear was the away supporters. Other than a 5 minute rendition of SH get battered, I can't remember hearing the Holte End at all. 

That's been the case for most of the season. I went to almost every game home and away last season and it wasn't like that then.

What has changed? Have the mics moved? Are we more expectant as a fanbase and therefore quieter? Have the Terrace View daytrippers cut the singing from the Holte?

I think the tv studio has moved to near the away fans by Witton/North stand somewhere? It used to be corner of Witton and Holte - surely that shd be moved back there?

As per @alreadyexists's thread in the Bournemouth (h) match section. The 1897 Group (and any other like-minded Villa fans that want to be a part of doing something about the recent below-par VP atmosphere too!) following a positive meeting with the club have been given a fantastic opportunity for the Bournemouth (h) game. As Bournemouth haven't taken their full allocation, the club have offered block P9 in the Upper Doug Ellis  to supporters who wish to be vocal and create an atmosphere in addition to banners/flags in this area.

To clarify, there will be no extra charge or anything for those fans wishing to join The 1897 Group in block P9 for Bournemouth.

Many VT'ers and supporters from the wider AVFC community have been critical of the atmosphere of late in this thread and this is a real opportunity for us to do something about it. As Bournemouth haven't taken the upper tier of what is usually the away end, this opens a section for like-minded Villa fans to get together in one section of Villa Park without displacing other supporters from their seats.

To relocate for Bournemouth at home, enter your name and FAN ID on this Google doc: Aston Villa vs Bournemouth - 1897 Group opportunity

Many of us have been critical of the VP atmosphere in this very thread and it's high time to do something about it. This is a great foot in the door opportunity for those of us who want to vocally support the team for 90 minutes in our wonderful stadium, particularly for a game against an opponent on a Sunday afternoon where it would typically be a bit flat.

Edited by wedge
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, wedge said:

As per @alreadyexists's thread in the Bournemouth (h) match section. The 1897 Group (and any other like-minded Villa fans that want to be a part of doing something about the recent below-par VP atmosphere too!) following a positive meeting with the club have been given a fantastic opportunity for the Bournemouth (h) game. As Bournemouth haven't taken their full allocation, the club have offered block P9 in the Upper Doug Ellis  to supporters who wish to be vocal and create an atmosphere in addition to banners/flags in this area.

To clarify, there will be no extra charge or anything for those fans wishing to join The 1897 Group in block P9 for Bournemouth.

Many VT'ers and supporters from the wider AVFC community have been critical of the atmosphere of late in this thread and this is a real opportunity for us to do something about it. As Bournemouth haven't taken the upper tier of what is usually the away end, this opens a section for like-minded Villa fans to get together in one section of Villa Park without displacing other supporters from their seats.

To relocate for Bournemouth at home, enter your name and FAN ID on this Google doc: Aston Villa vs Bournemouth - 1897 Group opportunity

Many of us have been critical of the VP atmosphere in this very thread and it's high time to do something about it. This is a great foot in the door opportunity for those of us who want to vocally support the team for 90 minutes in our wonderful stadium, particularly for a game against an opponent on a Sunday afternoon where it would typically be a bit flat.

Fair play by the club this.

Needs to be announced properly

• Like 1

Â