Villa Park - Atmosphere [merged]

MaVilla

Crowd sounded amazing last night on TV (sadly couldn't make it down there) so well done crew! Got even louder during the second half too, if we can keep that up during every remaining home game I'm sure we'll get 110% from the team until the end.

Edited by wedge

11 minutes ago, wedge said:

Crowd sounded amazing last night on TV (sadly couldn't make it down there) so well done crew! Got even louder during the second half too, if we can keep that up during every remaining home game I'm sure we'll get 110% from the team until the end.

Yes, the atmosphere was excellent, although it does sound different the lower you are.. when all the stands got going it was very loud

16 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Not from where I was, but @wedge was making me feel negative about it so I might have been swayed a bit.... I think I prefer the regular late kick off light show stuff they do

Don't be influenced by me on anything ever mate, I'm an idiot! 🤣

It looked okay-ish for what it was, it's just not my idea of what whipping up an atmosphere at a football match should look like, but that is only my humble opinion.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wedge said:

Don't be influenced by me on anything ever mate, I'm an idiot! 🤣

It looked okay-ish for what it was, it's just not my idea of what whipping up an atmosphere at a football match should look like, but that is only my humble opinion.

You are deffo not alone, I wanted noise.

I'm also an idiot

2 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

Incredibly flat atmosphere today.

We were in the North Stand but normally in the Holte and it was awful. Expectancy? Nervous? Christmas fatigue? Not sure the reason but we absolutely were not the 12th man today.

Same, normally holte, took some newbs so had to be upper north. 
That was absolute shite. Guess the period and opponent but not one song carried over. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

Ended up not going today for personal reasons but listening on the telly it sounded really good(Optus sports feed)

it was quite flat...these slower tempo games tend to have that kind of effect on the fanbase. it's just the way it is

despite 5 goals, plenty of chances and a red card, it was quite a turgid game for the most part

Sometimes there are games that we just have to get through with the points 

Today was one of those.

Nervous- yes

Confident we would do it-no

Look at Anfield or the Emirates for atmosphere when things aren’t going well…..they are quiet and apprehensive too.

The guys are doing the right things late winners or equalisers in three out of the last 4 games.

We aren’t going away and the boys will need us to be there later in the season UTV

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Ended up not going today for personal reasons but listening on the telly it sounded really good(Optus sports feed)

Never, ever trust the tv. Mic placement, stadium shape, acoustics and good old fashioned just turning up one fader or another is how it comes over on TV.

I think folk are still on a downer from Sheffield and losing to that lot when 2 0 up.

It's always been the same against the 'lesser' teams. I was quiet today cos I'm knackered and bad knee... I'm sure when the geordies arrive it will improve again.

From a pure enjoyment standpoint, I couldn't be happier. Unbeaten at home and not worried about playing anyone at home

• 5 weeks later...
Â