Villa Park - Atmosphere [merged]

MaVilla

6 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Anyone who watches football, an watches Wolves, Brighton, Southampton, with us having arguably better players, there is no wonder half the fan base are p***** off at what they see every weekend at VP.

The results against Brentford, Leeds, Newcastle were atrocious, lost by players not playing to the best of there ability, an it continued with Watford yesterday. We have billionaire owners spending big money, sometimes it's left to the players to perform once a week in front of the fans that pay big money to see them. The play at the moment is inept, us fans are not stupid, we are seeing players not performing past 50%.

And that buck stops with the manager. 

It’s difficult one this , I do believe it’s up to the players to raise the crowd  thru effort a tackle or a pass , but Villa Park these days is relatively quiet unless aroused by the team . A quiet villa park feeds down onto the pitch and players will become naturally nervous . We can argue they paid enough to work thru this and cope with it . Travelling around the country I do see teams in worst positions on the field and off compared to  us with the crowd still behind the team creating an atmosphere . This is not the case at VP unfortunately even yesterday the crowd was pretty subdued even before the KO .  We can blame the players of course we pay good money but I do think the crowd could have more positive effect to the team even when things are not going well by singing more…. 

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

One fan in ten chosen at random, given a jolly good thrashing on the pitch at full time.

That should do it.

The bloke that does it could dress up as an executioner, I’m not saying it should be me, but it could be me, I do have a background in this type of stuff, all they have to do is ask

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I did think at parts of the game the Villa Park crowd were rubbing badly on the players when the ball would go back to our own half and away from goal. You could hear the moaning. 

The thing is most of the time it doesn’t need to go back to the defence or keeper to pass it between themselves for them to hit it long to no one

Edited by rbcuk
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I did think at parts of the game the Villa Park crowd were rubbing badly on the players when the ball would go back to our own half and away from goal. You could hear the moaning. 

It’s hard though, you go down to the ground hopeful but nervous after previous results but you chant and sing before the game and it gets going and then you start seeing the same issues pass after pass, play after play and it’s so friggin obvious.  

Then longer passes going up of play, shots from 25 yards from players that don’t have strong kicks, free kicks being useless play after play, players in free space not getting the ball and then mistakes, players not moving or committing…it just gets to you and I’m not a bad loud critic but even parts yesterday I was shouting a few explicits.  

Does me doing that help the team? Of course not but sometimes it’s uncontrolled reaction and release of frustration.

Win some games, score some goals and see the crowd lift, listen to the singing and the roars of positivity. Stop trying to blame us fans. Man City and Liverpool are success and they do it with a quieter crowd than we have. 

If the players try harder, so will the fans to support them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

This really pisses me off because I’m finding it so hard to get tickets these days (it wasn’t even this hard when we were flying High in 6th place every year) and yet people like this get to go every week. 

So somebody pays yearly for a season ticket, yet your pissed off because you can’t get a game ticket when you want to and think it’s unfair they get to react how they want to 😂😂😂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Win some games, score some goals and see the crowd lift, listen to the singing and the roars of positivity. Stop trying to blame us fans. Man City and Liverpool are success and they do it with a quieter crowd than we have. 

I’d even be happy with just a performance, work and fight hard.

Cant believe the fans are being blamed after the performances we’ve been given recently.

The fans seem to be the only ones doing their part at the moment with sell out crowds every home game and full allocation taken for away games.  The players and management need to pay us back a bit.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’d even be happy with just a performance, work and fight hard.

Cant believe the fans are being blamed after the performances we’ve been given recently.

The fans seem to be the only ones doing their part at the moment with sell out crowds every home game and full allocation taken for away games.  The players and management need to pay us back a bit.

If we didn't support the team we wouldn't go. Whether positive or negative, the players should know, everyone is there to support AVFC, that's why we sell out nearly every game.

They owe us, we don't owe them!!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Disagree a little here even when Liverpool are struggling or having an off day the Kop  always behind the team . It’s 50 - 50 partnership has to be , it’s so negative down VP even at the start of games . I may be getting old but the atmosphere isn’t what it used to be . The crowd have to have some input and it can’t be negative. If the villa away day fans and atmosphere they create could be created even a little at VP it would lift the whole place . 
not blaming the fans but my point is we have a part to play even when times are tough. 

1 minute ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

Disagree a little here even when Liverpool are struggling or having an off day the Kop  always behind the team .

Disagree with that, I’ve been to many away days to Anfield over the last four decades and heard some quietness on a few occasions when things aren’t going so well.  It’s fine now when the team are rocking and having great play but pre-Klopp it wasn’t always rosy some seasons.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Disagree with that, I’ve been to many away days to Anfield over the last four decades and heard some quietness on a few occasions when things aren’t going so well.  It’s fine now when the team are rocking and having great play but pre-Klopp it wasn’t always rosy some seasons.

Out of context - read the post 

39 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Agree

There's a long standing joke that the tourists get their scarves out at the start and the end to sing their song but spend the 90 mins in between sat on their hands whilst the media big up the myth of their famous atmosphere 

Anfield at the moment no doubt has a buzz around it and struggles or different reasons, family day trippers rather than miserable bastards, but its not got the atmosphere people make out 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

Out of context - read the post 

I think my point still stands, the Anfield fans aren’t always behind the team despite what the media portray.  I’ve been at the ground when the Liverpool fans are getting on the players backs in a similar way to how it’s being discussed we are on here.  Now they are doing well it’s easy to be positive but when they weren’t their fans weren’t always behind the team.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I think my point still stands, the Anfield fans aren’t always behind the team despite what the media portray.  I’ve been at the ground when the Liverpool fans are getting on the players backs in a similar way to how it’s being discussed we are on here.  Now they are doing well it’s easy to be positive but when they weren’t their fans weren’t always behind the team.

I give up - read the post my point was in response about VP  atmosphere if you think we have a better atmosphere or comparable to Anfield then I need to stay in the Aston social till half time and drop a few more cheeky Vimtos. 

4 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

And how exactly would they be held to account?

Well I think we should hold ourselves to account and I'd also rate a respected member of the squad to say "we really feel it when the crowd get nervous - we play far better when there's a bit of positivity and patience." I mean something like that is hardly abrasive?

I think Mings secretly doesn't appreciate it. "May your praise be as loud as your disrespect" RE: El Ghazi. Few other cryptic things about our fans I think too from him - I don't blame him.

I remember reading something from an ex coach/player who said (paraphrasing): "Keep it tight at Villa Park for 30 mins and you'll get something cos the fans will moan." I forget who it was, but they ain't wrong. Unless we come firing out the traps the atmosphere usually becomes dead/negative if 0-0 or 0-1 for 20/30 mins, depending on who we play.

Just wish people tried to enjoy supporting us and had some fun singing - I'd rather lose 0-3 with the fans singing til the end (this has happened) than lose 0-1 and everyone shouting abuse, but maybe that's just me. It's a modern football thing but also definitely worse than most grounds.

• Thanks 1

It's very unfair blaming the fans when not one home game this season has had below 41,000 capacity and pretty much all away games sell out too.

Consider the turd this team has served up this season and 13 league defeats already and the fans' loyalty cannot be called into question.

The atmosphere is always going to be poor when the team's displays are so crap, the fans can't be expected to sing when they have nothing to sing about.

It's up the players to actually perform if they want the team to back them, there'll be more boos aimed at the players and Gerrard in the coming weeks if they continue to perform like that.

• Like 1

Â