Weekends Football 13/15 August

andykeenan

Just now, penguin said:

Perspective is always a bit weird on these photos but looks well off to me

You didn't factor in the Man United advantage.  He was only 5 yards offside, so it's allowed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

mmmmm, I wonder why. Games gone, these companies are too big now to leave results to chance. Fixed!

I thought that was weird too, it looked pretty clear to be an offside if we're going to be "precise" via technology. 

Just now, penguin said:

Yeah, I don't really have an issue if making the lines thicker gives the advantage to the attacker, I'm all for it really, if it's consistent. By not showing the final check it's just open to interpretation again. 

• Like 1

Just now, penguin said:

Aren't they using broader lines to decide if it's offside or not this season? Or something like that.

I'd happily have a season where every 50/50 offside situation is given advantage to the attacker. But then obviously be pissed when it happens to us of course.

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Aren't they using broader lines to decide if it's offside or not this season? Or something like that.

I'd happily have a season where every 50/50 offside situation is given advantage to the attacker. But then obviously be pissed when it happens to us of course.

The broader var lines are being used, however, the depth of the lines will vary from club to club. For example in the picture above, Man utd's lines are the grass cut lines, approximately 4 metres.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

The broader var lines are being used, however, the depth of the lines will vary from club to club. For example in the picture above, Man utd's lines are the grass cut lines, approximately 4 metres.

Not all clubs are equal, yeah, that'll still be a thing.

Fwiw they showed the replay a couple times on Swedish telly and I'm not 100% it was offside.

1 minute ago, sne said:

Not all clubs are equal, yeah, that'll still be a thing.

Fwiw they showed the replay a couple times on Swedish telly and I'm not 100% it was offside.

Shush, thats rubbish for my narrative. ManU are cheats, end of story.

Â