Weekends Football 13/15 August

andykeenan

12 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Watching St Maximin pull West Ham's defence apart there makes me worry about Targett at the weekend - Sarr and St Maximin is a tough start to the season for a left back.

I’m convinced it will be Young starting.

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

I'm not watching the game admittedly but I think people need to calm down and not jump to conclusions about our game against Newcastle next weekend on the basis of 15 minutes of this game today.

Or check out who their manger is.

• Like 1

They are a completely different proposition when ASM & Wilson are fit, which was Bruce’s only soundbite when they were on that awful run last season (which is fair enough as it was the same with us without Grealish)

That game at SJP last season they were the better team. Im clinging onto the hope we will be much better at home with Watkins back and Bailey starting. The two Matts need to get back to basics

7 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Or check out who their manger is.

My commentator just said something along the lines of with way Newcastle set up and play its not in their interest to have too much of the ball 

How is this shit deemed acceptable? 

18 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I'm not watching the game admittedly but I think people need to calm down and not jump to conclusions about our game against Newcastle next weekend on the basis of 15 minutes of this game today.

Agree, but I still think we will lose 9-0

tantrum-kid.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

If ASM plays like this against us, and we play like we did yesterday, it's going to be **** ugly. 

Slightly worrying that they are playing with all the intensity that we were severely lacking. Maybe the crowd plays a part or maybe they’re just better prepared. We’ll find out next week what character and hunger our new side have. If Newcastle make us look like Arsenal too then ill be very concerned

Newcastle do look like they are playing with the handbrake off, and do look a lot better and less passive than when we played them last season. The 2-0 victory before lockdown at villa park was one of the worst i've seen them play, so can't see them having a stinker like that again either. We do tend to get some good results against them at VP (at least in the last couple of years since returning to the prem) so I do back us to win this one. They could be playing much better because they are at home, its the first game of the season and the fans are back. They do have decent forwards though so will have to be much better with the ball than we were against brentford.

Â