Increasing Club Revenue

hippo

44 minutes ago, ender4 said:

This is what Villa are competing with and the way watching live football is going…

Fulham vs Man Utd - standard seats in the centre of their new Riverside stand - £160 adults, £80 kids. 

No food, drink, programme, scarf, etc included. 

The cheapest adult tickets are £67 for this match. 

Fulham Riverside season ticket holder 

image.jpeg.32fee4d55ccb8a65cf99a180c589c8da.jpeg

• Haha 1

My university (in Central Birmingham) has its Welcome Festival for students today. Thousands of them are on campus for it.

Blues are here, giving away free tickets to the women's team games. Villa? Didn't turn up.

Small things are getting lost here.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 21/09/2023 at 16:51, OutByEaster? said:

Villa haven't evolved and the facilities for most of our supporters have actually got worse as prices have steeply risen - we've been left behind. If this was a business rather than something more akin to a religion, we'd see the club losing customers.

This is the truth.I already try to spend as little as possible whilst at Villa Park.

I don’t want to give “them” my money “they” are taking the proverbial and we all know it…we have done since Doug was in charge.

The club knows our weaknesses only too well and they are being exploited.

Wouldnt it be nice to be feel part of something  and not the target of something.

I will still buy my ticket…..but I might have to plan more carefully for when I retire if I want to keep going.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Are clubs aloud to beam back games at their ground when playing away? 

It's a good question and the Fans Advisory Board have been asking about having the Terrace View/Lower Grounds open for away games (parking outside, money making opportunity for the club etc) but haven't really heard anything back from them.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's a good question and the Fans Advisory Board have been asking about having the Terrace View/Lower Grounds open for away games (parking outside, money making opportunity for the club etc) but haven't really heard anything back from them.

It’s something I’d be interested in and I’m sure enough other people would be too. I know other clubs do it for some games. 

14 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

It’s something I’d be interested in and I’m sure enough other people would be too. I know other clubs do it for some games. 

I know somebody who could lend them one of those sticks that you can get the game on 

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...

Interestingly,  McGinn's last minute goal against Mostar earned the club nearly €340k (getting €500k instead of €166k for a draw).

Basically paid for Digne to have that really long shit he did at training in the week but every little helps.

• Haha 3

they need to sort the shop out its absolutely **** shit and im not talking the garbage castore stuff

i want to get my 18 month old and 3.5 year old some stuff for xmas, other than the kits and training gear they've got nothing, 2 or 3 baby grows thats it, no hoodies jumpers or trousers

i want a new christmas jumper for myself, they havent got them in yet, at a stretch seeing as the wife wants to do one of those god awful family pajama photos i want the villa ones just to mess with her but they're not in yet, in fact they dont have any pajamas in at all

they've got nothing in for the car either, no stickers or air freshners

with christmas coming up i want to spend money on aston villa and i cant apart from kits that i dont want

Premier League to increase number of live matches as part of new broadcast deal - The Athletic

This means an additional 70 matches will be shown live on television. Over two thirds of the 380 matches in each season will now be available for fans to watch.

The Premier League has begun the process of selling rights across a four-year period, starting from the 2025-26 season and ending in 2028-29.

Tenders are being invited for five live packages, each aligned with specific kick-off times. These packages will cover matches scheduled for 12.30pm and 5.30pm BST on Saturdays, 2pm and 4.30pm on Sundays, and Monday and Friday evenings at 8pm.

As a result of this, the traditional 3pm Saturday kick-offs will still not be televised, while all matches played at 2pm on Sundays will now be shown.

This is the right time for the boost in revenue from the current deal to simply be distributed evenly between the clubs. So if that's a move from 50% of the revenue (as is now split) to 60% is evenly split.

• 2 months later...

So whilst Villa get £8m for their main shirt sponsor and £1m for their sleeve sponsor… 

A team who finished 12th last season and will finish around 8-11th this season have a shirt sponsor paying £40m a year and have just agreed a sleeve sponsor who will pay £12m a year! (Yes it’s Chelsea).

How the hell do we compete on revenue when these clubs can get more for their sleeve sponsor than we get for our main shirt sponsor?

24 minutes ago, ender4 said:

So whilst Villa get £8m for their main shirt sponsor and £1m for their sleeve sponsor… 

A team who finished 12th last season and will finish around 8-11th this season have a shirt sponsor paying £40m a year and have just agreed a sleeve sponsor who will pay £12m a year! (Yes it’s Chelsea).

How the hell do we compete on revenue when these clubs can get more for their sleeve sponsor than we get for our main shirt sponsor?

I can only imagine the glorious return on investment this dodgy russian crypto firm will be getting from having their logo barely visible on Chelsea players' sleeves.

Financial "fair" play, they call it :)

2 hours ago, ender4 said:

These rules are corrupt as anything 

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

From the interview, I think this is the key thing to understand about Heck:

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/aston-villa/2024/01/14/aston-villa-not-there-for-the-taking-as-chris-heck-makes-worldwide-claim/

As fans of the team, we tend to think almost entirely about the fans in the stadium and (sadly) from a revenue perspective, that's not the big producer of revenues.

We think of this as a sport or a game that we play at the weekends, a good day out, see your mates, support the lads and hope for a win - and it is, but nowadays, much more importantly, it's a TV show.

Vila Park is scenery - and thirty million people in Palookaville don't care if you had to queue for a burger, you queued for a train, or you struggled to get a ticket. The club will make more money developing it's international instagram following than developing the North Stand - it'll make more money penetrating the Indonesian football market than it will from making sure that eight thousand more Brummies can get in to watch - we're backdrop, we're extras - that's how it is. There's a reason Man City aren't too fussed about empty seats - those aren't the fans that make them most money.

Heck is looking to develop this brand globally and you and I, the folks that sit at Villa Park and watch games, we're increasingly a very, very small part of that. He's not focused on the Midlands, on us, he's focused on the world and that means America, the Far East, North Africa, South America and anywhere else he can potentially find ten million Villa fans that will spend twenty quid a year on us - that's how we grow.

It's not that he doesn't care about us, it's that we're really not that important.

and what you get in return is more finances that are invested into the team, to improve the performances on the pitch, match the ambition of the head coach and top players and win trophies for Aston Villa FC and create memories we will cherish for our lives. 

Heck wants to improve the fan experience at games, that's 100% true. Villa Park will see more and more improvements and the North Stand will be redeveloped when the time is right. 

But make no mistake, commerical revenue growth and closing the gap to the Big 6 is by far and away the most important thing for Aston Villa FC and for by far the vast majority of supporters. 

To put things in Perspective. Spurs income from PL TV deal and prize money is ~33% of their income. Commercial is 41% and match day is 24% and the remaining was UEFA prize money. 

They had commerical revenue of 183m to our 39m. This is absurd given we are now a competitive team and we need to be getting that closer to 100m by end of next season if we are in CL

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

They had commerical revenue of 183m to our 39m. This is absurd given we are now a competitive team and we need to be getting that closer to 100m by end of next season if we are in CL

dont think its that simple, spurs timed their purple patch to perfection as it was also when NBC gave the PL a huge push in the states and they also stuck a huge billboard of gareth bale up on times square, add to that the south korean following they have because of son and its hard for us to replicate it, they definitely punch above their weight

one thing they do though that i think we can replicate is spurs seemingly target regions with their partners, not many clubs seem to do this, they have a separate asian and north american betting partner, coca cola are their european drinks partner

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

dont think its that simple, spurs timed their purple patch to perfection as it was also when NBC gave the PL a huge push in the states and they also stuck a huge billboard of gareth bale up on times square, add to that the south korean following they have because of son and its hard for us to replicate it, they definitely punch above their weight

one thing they do though that i think we can replicate is spurs seemingly target regions with their partners, not many clubs seem to do this, they have a separate asian and north american betting partner, coca cola are their european drinks partner

Man United stated the whole regional partner thing. Top sides copying their model.

Spurs did take advantage of the opportunity they had yes. But a lot of that was on back of CL qualification and a good team under Poch. 

They signed lots of good commercial deals then

Â