Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

Leon is playing some phenomenal stuff for us. He's clearly injured and playing in pain, but that's not preventing him from producing fantastic displays. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Guaranteed he went into Patois dialect and cussed him out as well 😂. ( Natural state of angry Yaad man )

To be fair... Ollie had a point.

Leon was offside... But at the same time... Diaby REALLY should have aggressively taken control of the ball.

I'm guessing in the split second Leon decided he had to take the chance and take control.

Ollie and Leon have a good relationship so I'm sure they'll be fine.

Game meant alot to them so it was passion.

Been wondering if we should be worried about that little clash. Hope not.

Guy has had an unbelievable season. Absolute warrior and so so consistent. I can't even remember him having a bad game tbh perhaps quieter at times but that's all.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Guaranteed he went into Patois dialect and cussed him out as well 😂. ( Natural state of angry Yaad man )

To be fair... Ollie had a point.

Leon was offside... But at the same time... Diaby REALLY should have aggressively taken control of the ball.

I'm guessing in the split second Leon decided he had to take the chance and take control.

Ollie and Leon have a good relationship so I'm sure they'll be fine.

Game meant alot to them so it was passion.

Don’t know what else Diaby could’ve done. Was sprinting full speed to the ball and was clearly going to beat the nearest Pool defender. Bailey should’ve just moved out of the way instead of sprinting after it again.

3 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Leon is playing some phenomenal stuff for us. He's clearly injured and playing in pain, but that's not preventing him from producing fantastic displays. 

Can’t wait til he’s back to full health. Start of next season he’s going to be unplayable.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Don’t know what else Diaby could’ve done. Was sprinting full speed to the ball and was clearly going to beat the nearest Pool defender. Bailey should’ve just moved out of the way instead of sprinting after it again.

Yeah rush of blood and heat of the moment I reckon.

It looked to me like Moussa slowed down a little to let him have it though?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah rush of blood and heat of the moment I reckon.

It looked to me like Moussa slowed down a little to let him have it though?

Yeah it was right at the end that he pulled up but it was because Bailey was still playing the ball. He didn’t move out of the way. Like you said, must’ve been a heat of the moment thing and said “screw it, maybe I’m not off.”

He’s not just playing amazingly well, he’s also becoming a leader. His fight and determination is an excellent example. This guy really cares and I agree that he’s our best player.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He's got the bug ain't he?

He now fights his heart out for the team 

So proud of him.

Elite… and he loves the Villa! And Unai…

On 13/05/2024 at 23:17, Osirus said:

He’s our best player

WHAT THE HELL? 

Watkins, Martinez, Kamara say hi. Even Tielemans and Konsa make it debatable.

On 13/05/2024 at 23:21, Tom13 said:

Tielemans and Kamara are

The fact everybody has different opinions and there are about 6/7 players with legitimate claims is an EXCELLENT sign for the team and just speaks to how Unai improves everyone. Incredible the effect he has on people. 

Remember when Stephen Ireland won player of the season? He was basically terrible all year he was just a bit better than the rest. 

• Like 4

Bailey was the surprise of the season for me, and at times I felt Unai brought him from the bench to try and motivate an out-of form Diaby. 

I hope I don't see that next season. If he plays at the same level, he should never leave the starting 11.

While Dibu and Watkins are certainly better, no one else quite exceeded expectations as Bailey, IMO.

44 minutes ago, Daulmakan said:

Bailey was the surprise of the season for me, and at times I felt Unai brought him from the bench to try and motivate an out-of form Diaby. 

I hope I don't see that next season. If he plays at the same level, he should never leave the starting 11.

I want to see him play as a better level than this season, and then still not get into the team because Diaby is doing even better!

Imagine how good our squad would be if playing at this level doesn't guarantee you a starting spot.

Â