Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

Just now, Keyblade said:

Has nothing to do with him taking a club-sanctioned break.

He has been incredibly poor and the season has just started - whether it is sanctioned or not I find it incredibly disappointing that he is on a break. 

• Like 1

Just now, Villa87 said:

He has been incredibly poor and the season has just started - whether it is sanctioned or not I find it incredibly disappointing that he is on a break. 

Why? He didnt have a summer break and came back early

How would you like if your job stopped you having holidays?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Villa87 said:

Next time you have a bad day at work be sure cancel any plans you’ve made and turn up to work on your day off to make up for it without pay 👍🏾.

• Haha 4

Just now, Zatman said:

Why? He didnt have a summer break and came back early

How would you like if your job stopped you having holidays?

For the money he is on I’d happily give up some holiday time to do something I love until my mid 30s. 

2 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

For the money he is on I’d happily give up some holiday time to do something I love until my mid 30s. 

Maybe he should go for a walk around cannon hill park on his day off rather than going abroad, on second thought he’s probably to scared about the amount of abuse he’d receive from so called fans.

Never slagged him off & always thought we have a player here & 🙏 he would come good this season especially after signing his pal Diaby, but if this is true & the club have sanctioned some rest time in warm weather to help him recover & he has been caught on a Jet Ski & chased by authorities 🤦‍♂️ not sure this will go down well at Villa HQ it maybe time to let Monchi work his magic & get some sort of fee for him & cut our losses & Philogene a crack in his place.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

It’s getting to the point that I’m sick of seeing this thread bumped with the same negative nonsense tbh. It’s a constant witchhunt no wonder the man can get his head in the game.

It’s really not negative nonsense - if you genuinely believe this is the case, you cannot have been watching him play.

Many fans - myself included have rightly called him out for continued below average performances.

I respectfully ask you to offer one good reason why Bailey should be starting games.

In my humble opinion - he has had way more chances than his returns have warranted.

I don’t believe he is good enough for the premier league and feel we should sell to the next appropriate offer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What would be the timeline on this, flies out on Sunday and then back for training/treatment for this injury on the Tuesday?

Surely after a 5-1 defeat you get everyone in on the Monday and painstakingly do video analysis for ours looking at went wrong?

I remember last season after Man. United lost terribly at Brentford Ten Hag had them in the following morning and ordered them to run 10km and that did the trick as they won 4-5 in a row afterwards.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

United lost terribly at Brentford Ten Hag had them in the following morning and ordered them to run 10km and that did the trick as they won 4-5 in a row afterwards.

They're not children. Assume Emery knows how best to manage them on basis of their personalities and his experience. Many different ways to gut a fish. 

Edited by Dale

22 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

It’s really not negative nonsense - if you genuinely believe this is the case, you cannot have been watching him play.

Many fans - myself included have rightly called him out for continued below average performances.

I respectfully ask you to offer one good reason why Bailey should be starting games.

In my humble opinion - he has had way more chances than his returns have warranted.

I don’t believe he is good enough for the premier league and feel we should sell to the next appropriate offer.

It isn’t just performance in Bailey’s case though is it? It’s and attack on him going on holiday, owning a fashion brand his dress sense it’s like people want to find ammunition against him constantly.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

It isn’t just performance in Bailey’s case though is it? It’s and attack on him going on holiday, owning a fashion brand his dress sense it’s like people want to find ammunition against him constantly.

It's the gum chewing that really grinds my gears mate SO NONCHALANT LIKE HEDOESNTCAREAAPIJSDFOkajs apjosdapsda etc.

Yeah, it's over the top, is the point I was trying to make. 

• Like 1

I don't see a witch-hunt against bailey,what i do see is a winger who has underperformed (to put it nicely)  since he joined.

The majority of fans have seen his performances over and over and well.......enough is enough..flogging a dead horse and all that.

Edited by OLDVILLAIN
sentence
  • Like 4

I don’t think many of us are even ripping into Bailey tbh. We are allowed to question the wisdom of this trip and the optics of it, it Dosent mean we hate the player or bloke. I’ve consistently said I think Bailey will have a big season and improve and I think he still can do that. So there is definitely no personal animus against him from me. 

It’s just I don’t imagine someone like Mings or Mcginn would go on a trip like this if they picked up a knock. They are captain and vice captain but even if they weren’t then I doubt it.

Either way as people upthread posted, he has been away playing international football and not had a break so hope he has a good time and comes back fresh and ready to “go again”, as Paul lambert would say 

• Like 2

Â