Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

12 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

You disagree that some of the fanbase is unnecessarily hostile? And that those that are don't deserve success?

You didn't say some.

I would imagine there's a percentage of the worldwide 5-10m population of Villa fans who are hostile yes. I don't care about them. The other 99% of Villa fans deserve success as much as any other football fan.

I don't think anyone that posts a player played badly on a villa forum is being hostile. At all.

31 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

You didn't say some.

I would imagine there's a percentage of the worldwide 5-10m population of Villa fans who are hostile yes. I don't care about them. The other 99% of Villa fans deserve success as much as any other football fan.

I don't think anyone that posts a player played badly on a villa forum is being hostile. At all.

You thought I meant every single member of the Villa fanbase? Myself included? Come on now.

Anyway, we've beaten this to death. UTV.

We have yet to see the player that come off the bench in that Everton game. I suspect injuries and a mental fragility related to that are the issue.

Clearly he is better than he has shown. That said if we receive a huge offer for him, he's probably replaceable.

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

You didn't say some.

It's the never-ending repetitive nature of the negativity, like venting your spleen at a player over and over somehow makes things any better, like Unai and his team is reading this forum. The same people never miss an opportunity to rant and rave and swing their pants in the air.

It's like some take it so personally and believe the player isn't human, they are a machine that should always be doing 110% the best at all times for us because god forbid if they don't. These are heavily overpaid, but they are still humans, all be it they live in bubbles.

I can understand if a player is really lazy with poor attitude, not willing to put in a shift or try, but that is not Bailey, that is not Buendia or Watkins. Or McGinn when he was getting dog's abuse not that long ago.

Players like Collymore who had so much talent but barely looked Arsed most of the time, players like Lescott and Gabby towards the end, even Grealish who spent 3 years trying to leave the club and twots like Southgate who badmouthed the club after leaving.

But while a player is wearing a Villa shirt and trying their best, I will back them, until sold, no matter how much I agree the club is more important than any player. Because jumping up and down and repeating the same 'he's sh*t, inconsistent, gone, done, needs to be sold, not good enough for where we want to be' and so on and so on.... changes nothing no matter how many thousands of times the same people say it. Especially as people think their statements are fact and not opinion, just like everything I am saying is opinion also, not fact.....

Bailey and Diaby were electric at times together in Germany, maybe speculate on the chances of recreating that for a change?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, VillanousOne said:

But while a player is wearing a Villa shirt and trying their best, I will back them, until sold, no matter how much I agree the club is more important than any player. Because jumping up and down and repeating the same 'he's sh*t, inconsistent, gone, done, needs to be sold, not good enough for where we want to be' and so on and so on.... changes nothing no matter how many thousands of times the same people say it. Especially as people think their statements are fact and not opinion, just like everything I am saying is opinion also, not fact.....

Of course. Because this is an online fan forum.

Saying the exact opposite also achieves not much.

This place is just people sharing opinions. Incidentally, I don't think enough people change their opinion enough. Just call everything as you see it, don't pick a side and stick to it forever hoping to be 'right'.

Bailey's been poor recently. Buendia went from our best player under Gerrard to not our best player under Emery. Game of opinions.

1 minute ago, VillanousOne said:

Bailey and Diaby were electric at times together in Germany, maybe speculate on the chances of recreating that for a change?

Good chance that will indeed be recreated if both players play well, yep. Will get the fans on their feet.

• Like 1

Will have a part to play but will never really get used to the physicality of the premier league. Untouched, his pace is okay but in a physical battle, just goes missing too much. Diaby might be the same physicality but in the short time he's been on the pitch, Diaby's much quicker with his first touch and has that burst to get away with his dribble.

Think putting Bailey in the right positions to make contributions and then selling at a slight loss or break even should be the play. 

2 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

His Everton cameo should show what he can do pace wise and attacking intent. That went away after the injury issues.

He could have emulated peak Messi in that Everton match.... It doesn't make any difference.

He's been injured ever since and whenever he's played from then to now he's been bang average to poor. That may well be as a result of the injuries or just his normal levels. Either way he's clearly demonstrated that he's not the player we all want him to be.

Happy to keep him around to bolster the squad. Equally happy to move him on if a respectable offer came in or he was used a a make weight in a deal for another player.

Still think we had our pants pulled down on the deal when we signed him.

I'd prefer Jaden or Traore ahead of him.

Edited by jimmygreaves

2 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

He could have emulated peak Messi in that Everton match.... It doesn't make any difference.

He's been injured ever since and whenever he's played from then to now he's been bang average to poor. That may well be as a result of the injuries or just his normal levels. Either way he's clearly demonstrated that he's not the player we all want him to be.

Happy to keep him around to bolster the squad. Equally happy to move him on if a respectable offer came in or he was used a a make weight in a deal for another player.

Still thing we had our pants pulled down on the deal when we signed him.

I'd prefer Jayden or Traore ahead of him.

I just can’t take people seriously when I see stuff like this.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

How so....

Bailey contributes so much for than Traore does. I can’t believe people don’t see this.  I get it’s all about opinions etc but I see a much better player in Bailey and based on appearances and no doubt next seasons squad, Emery thinks the same. 

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Bailey contributes so much for than Traore does. I can’t believe people don’t see this.  I get it’s all about opinions etc but I see a much better player in Bailey and based on appearances and no doubt next seasons squad, Emery thinks the same. 

Traore scores the occasional wonder goal and has an ankle breaker in him.

So we can bypass the fact that he also is either out injured or offers nothing else most the time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Traore scores the occasional wonder goal and has an ankle breaker in him.

So we can bypass the fact that he also is either out injured or offers nothing else most the time.

Apart from all the assists and good linkup, when he's on it? Traore's decision making (in the final third) is usually far better than your man's. Bailey works harder tbf.

13 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Apart from all the assists and good linkup, when he's on it? Traore's decision making (in the final third) is usually far better than your man's. Bailey works harder tbf.

I'd actually be more willing to accept the argument of Philogene, over either of them in fairness.

He got both the workrate and ability.

I do love Troares moments but without bias, I wouldn't start him over Leon, as an impact sub, probbaly yes.

So if I absolutely HAD to choose one of the three ATM, it could possibly  be JPB.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, juanpablosaliceband said:

I think that was a fair observation by Jimmy Greaves. I think Traore offers more. Playing with Bailey is like being down to 10 men 99% of the time. 

But nobody at the club agree at all with that. Bailey is clearly ahead of Traore 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

But nobody at the club agree at all with that. Bailey is clearly ahead of Traore 

Maybe but I don’t think the whole merits of someone’s opinion should be dismissed based on the Traore versus Bailey debate. It’s like arguing over Ant and Dec. They’ve both been poor. I’d argue Traore has done more in less appearances but that’s just my opinion. But I think some people are in denial at just how bad Bailey has been. 

Â