Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

Just come back from a injury didnt look 100% fot to me but indont care what anyone says he was better than traore who was absolutely hopeless

He was at least trying to make things happen

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wanted him to work out after seeing him at leverkusen, but it just won’t he never takes a player on like he used to, I’d be surprised if he’s here next season

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Wasn’t as bad as he was as made out today,

He was bad , poor decision making , poor with and without the ball , real low level display 

I genuinely thought he was bright for large spells of that second half. Was positive and trying to make things happen. Then hits the wall from wide free kick and descends into pub player for last 10 minutes making bad decisions on the ball.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chine said:

He was bad , poor decision making , poor with and without the ball , real low level display 

He started having a mare from the free kick hitting the wall. Apart from that he wasn’t as bad in my opinion

7 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

He started having a mare from the free kick hitting the wall. Apart from that he wasn’t as bad in my opinion

He'd made a couple of bizarre decisions prior to that.

• Like 1

Just now, Rustibrooks said:

Fair enough thats your opinion , so he wasn’t bad for 35mins and had a mare for 10 . My opinion is that so he “wasn’t that bad and had a mare”shouldn’t be what we are looking for with an impact sub playing in a team possibly in a European position scrap whilst 1-0 down versus a very poor side . UE will not put up with this thankfully 

He's lost both his confidence and his pace. Never looked right after that thigh injury he got in Dec 21. Sadly I doubt he'll ever get either back since I suspect a lot of his confidence was based on his pace.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

He'd made a couple of bizarre decisions prior to that.

2 minutes ago, Chine said:

Fair enough thats your opinion , so he wasn’t bad for 35mins and had a mare for 10 . My opinion is that so he “wasn’t that bad and had a mare”shouldn’t be what we are looking for with an impact sub playing in a team possibly in a European position scrap whilst 1-0 down versus a very poor side . UE will not put up with this thankfully 

I’m not saying he was a world beater or anything but he was alright. He wasn’t a disaster. No different to how Bertrand played in the first half. We’ll upgrade both of them in the summer hopefully.

3 minutes ago, sne said:

He's lost both his confidence and his pace. Never looked right after that thigh injury he got in Dec 21. Sadly I doubt he'll ever get either back since I suspect a lot of his confidence was based on his pace.

Agree with this,  he’s looked quite sluggish compared to pre first injury and maybe his decisions in possession have changed as he can’t get away 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

All wingers make bad decisions. Problem is he a) has no pace b) no belief c) no technique.

He's a bad bad footballer.

I don't agree that they all make bad decisions. They do moves/takeons that don't always come off. But Bailey's decision making is consistently poor.

1 minute ago, Chine said:

Agree with this,  he’s looked quite sluggish compared to pre first injury and maybe his decisions in possession have changed as he can’t get away 

He hasn't had pace since that day but that's not stopped people constantly saying he's fast. He's the only fast player to never run faster than his fullback.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, sne said:

Never seen this 'pace' for Villa of course.

Some nice moments but so many of the basic things he gets wrong are inexcusable. Heavy touches, simple passes put out of play etc, it kills all momentum so often and gifts the ball back to the opposition. I feel for him because he seems a lad that wears his frustrations and lack of confidence but it's such an obvious position to be getting another player in for next season.

• Like 1

If we can get around £15mill, I'd get shot of him. 

He has all the tools to be a brilliant player but he's made out of crate paper and doesn't make clever decisions. So often our play breaks down through him and that ain't good enough. 

I'm sure Emery will know who he wants in that position next season and it won't be anyone currently at the club. 

I don’t like Bailey. Don’t rate him at all. But can I say in his defence that he never shys away from receiving the ball and trying. He was poor today, probably as bad as Traore (just) but he was trying to make things happen at least.

Â