Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

7 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

He’ll still get a shot this season.  I’m not sure Gerrard is looking to build a team around Leon Bailey, but he’s the one bit of blistering pace we have in the squad and there will definitely be games where we need someone who scares opponents with their ability to run in behind. 

I think if he improves his defensive game, he would be potent threat up top with Watkins against Liverpool for example. Where they play a high line and with the talents of Kamara and Carlos (who has outstanding long ball accuracy) they can ping balls to them for a counter attack. 

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Very good point. It's why some players struggle in Prem. It was Conte who said in Italy players have more time, while in Prem the moment you get the ball there is a player on you trying to take it off you. It takes time to adapt, but I thought in Germany they have more of a pressing game like Prem so it should be less of a shock. 

I really think injury is what has done Bailey. It's too difficult to get up to speed if you keep getting injured.

Yeah i do hope it is that. What really puzzles me is how quick he looked at the start of the season in comparison to the end where he looked slow. Was he injured? Or scared of aggravating a injury?

Hopefully he will adapt to the less time on the ball aspect of the premier league. We can see he has some real quality just havent seen it enough

33 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah i do hope it is that. What really puzzles me is how quick he looked at the start of the season in comparison to the end where he looked slow. Was he injured? Or scared of aggravating a injury?

Hopefully he will adapt to the less time on the ball aspect of the premier league. We can see he has some real quality just havent seen it enough

It's the fear of re-injury. You don't trust your body 

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

If that was all his touches that's a really short video. Surely he touched the ball more than that. 

Still, he scored, looks somewhat faster than he did in his last appearance for us, and didn't get injured.  Promising signs.

8 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

If that was all his touches that's a really short video. Surely he touched the ball more than that. 

Still, he scored, looks somewhat faster than he did in his last appearance for us, and didn't get injured.  Promising signs.

It's not a "all his touches" video--it's a few key highlights. 

• Thanks 1

Jamaica and Leon seem to have decided to actually be decent, when it doesn't matter anymore ffs.

Shane we persisted with the old Manager for so long during the qualifiers!

If Leon can stay fit and get up to full speed, alot of those cut Ins and shots from the angle go in.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

How many more matches do Jamaica have to play? Was hoping he'd have the whole of June off to get his fitness sorter but Concaaf also have nations league?! So probably playing two matches a day v Cayman Islands up to middle of July then....

Feels typical of his time here if he does his hamstring again in last match they play. Hopefully not and he gets a good pre season for us and he can hit the ground running next season.

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Jamaica and Leon seem to have decided to actually be decent, when it doesn't matter anymore ffs.

Shane we persisted with the old Manager for so long during the qualifiers!

If Leon can stay fit and get up to full speed, alot of those cut Ins and shots from the angle go in.

What happened of their threat to stop playing? Did the JFA cave on their demands?

34 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

How many more matches do Jamaica have to play? Was hoping he'd have the whole of June off to get his fitness sorter but Concaaf also have nations league?! So probably playing two matches a day v Cayman Islands up to middle of July then....

Feels typical of his time here if he does his hamstring again in last match they play. Hopefully not and he gets a good pre season for us and he can hit the ground running next season.

Being injured he's had plenty of "rest" from competitive football. Perhaps a run of international matches is just what he needs to get more fit and hungry ahead of the pre-season.

• Like 4

I think if anyone was to offer us anywhere near what we paid for him, we would bite their hand off, but that's not going to happen. He's shown he has undoubted ability, but only fleetingly. Injuries haven't helped, but he comes off so often and too willingly for me. I would love to be proved wrong, but I can't see him doing it for us.  

48 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

What happened of their threat to stop playing? Did the JFA cave on their demands?

Dunno but they played on the same day so I assume it was sorted lol.

Someone probs just didn't do their job 

38 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

Nice goal but other than that looks so average and nothing close to the the superstar YouTube promised he was

His reputation wasn't built on YouTube though... just want to point that out.

• Like 1

Â