U23 Development League 2021/2022

BOF

He's good in a kind of quarterbacking, deep-lying midfield playmaker sort of way. I don't think he's as good at CB though to be fair I'm not sure he's had much practice there.

We must be fairly keen on developing him as I think he's the only player to have appeared in every U23 match this season.

23 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

He's good in a kind of quarterbacking, deep-lying midfield playmaker sort of way. I don't think he's as good at CB though to be fair I'm not sure he's had much practice there.

We must be fairly keen on developing him as I think he's the only player to have appeared in every U23 match this season.

This, pretty much. He's still a little slight for his age and I think that's why he hasn't had a loan yet.

Could be an interesting line-up today, Aaron Ramsey, Caleb Chukwuemeka, Philogene-Bidace, Archer, Barry, all gone out on loan, with talk that Brad Young and Tyreik Wright, might also be going out. Will have to promote some of the U18 attackers, might not be long before we see Shakpoke involed at this level, has crossed my mind that we might see a few come in on trial as well.

Edited by useless

On 25/01/2022 at 10:50, BOF said:

A short gameweek next, including our re-arranged game at Newcastle.

Monday 31/01
19:00 Newcastle Utd(6) v Aston Villa(4)

Don’t think the abandoned game had live coverage did it?

3 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Maybe he will play Carney like last week ? And Tommi O Reilly instead of the second Lindley 😉

Bugger - I originally forgot Young and had Lindley in midfield but it doesn't look like Bogarde or Swinkels are back.

Anyone know anything about what happened to Frith?

Premier league site, google, and flaschore all have us as winning 1-0, flashscore has written under the scoreline 'to be finished' made me wonder if we're going to start with a 1-0 lead, but probably not.

Would be surprised if Tommi O'Reilly didn't play would be harsh to drop him after how well he played last week, from now on probably going to see a lot more of the U18s moved up, that's what you'd normally expect in second half of the season, but we probably won't have much choice anyway with the amount of players that have gone out on loan.

I think Lutz has travelled with the team, who has it happened was on the bench when the game was abandoned.

"Right then, no transfer business, we can all knock off early and go home for the day"

"I dunno boss, it feels like we're forgetting something".

Drives home.

Ah balls. The U23 game.

(Or to put it another way, still no team news).

• Haha 1

Some omissions there and a very young line up.

No Marschall, Bogarde, Kerr, Swinkels, Ealing, Patterson, Chrisene, Iroegbanum, Abledeen-Goodridge or Frith.

Is it Afoka or Ofoka?

Edit: It's Afoka - they spelt it wrong on last week's team sheet.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Some omissions there and a very young line up.

No Marschall, Bogarde, Kerr, Swinkels, Ealing, Patterson, Chrisene, Iroegbanum, Abledeen-Goodridge or Frith.

Is it Afoka or Ofoka?

Edit: It's Afoka - they spelt it wrong on last week's team sheet.

Do you know of a live stream?

Just now, MWARLEY2 said:

I reckon that means that the usual suspects are doing the mini pre season so they won't add to their loads.

Exactly that I reckon. Marschall will be stepping up and competing with Sinisalo for the number three spot, Bogarde and Swinkels are a mystery but Bogarde would most likely be with the first team group if he's fit and I'm guessing Chrisene and Iroegbanum are with the first team too.

Ealing is on the bench I note - my bad.