U23 Development League 2021/2022

BOF

Friday 21st
19:00 Norwich(3->2)     2-1 Burnley(6->7)

Sunday 23rd
14:00 Southampton(8->8) 1-0 Middlesbrough(11->12)

Monday 24th
13:30 sha(14->13)       3-2 West Brom(2->3)
19:00 Aston Villa(7->4) 4-1 Reading(13->14)
19:00 Newcastle(5->6)   0-1 Notts Forest(12->11)
19:00 Stoke City(4->5)  0-1 Fulham(1->1)
19:00 Sunderland(9->10) 1-2 Wolves(10->9)

A short gameweek next, including our re-arranged game at Newcastle. So maybe the others are re-arrangements too. Interesting to see how the alliance handle runaway Flum.

Sunday 30/01
12:00 sha(13)          v Fulham(1)

Monday 31/01
19:00 Newcastle Utd(6) v Aston Villa(4)
19:00 Sunderland(10)   v Notts Forest(11)

As a heads up, our game against Norwich is being played at Villa Park which might give more people a chance to go, if you can, it'd be nice to see the boys get a decent crowd in.

Last night was a sell out at Bodymoor, so it'll be interesting to see how many go to that one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

As a heads up, our game against Norwich is being played at Villa Park which might give more people a chance to go, if you can, it'd be nice to see the boys get a decent crowd in.

Last night was a sell out at Bodymoor, so it'll be interesting to see how many go to that one.

Just a note that 3 of our last 4 home games are at Villa Park. Only Southampton on 11th March is at Bodymoor.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BOF said:

Just a note that 3 of our last 4 home games are at Villa Park. Only Southampton on 11th March is at Bodymoor.

It's weird, they often seem to do this with games toward the end of the season then move them back to Bodymoor the week before - but they're all still on the fixture list and there was an announcement confirming last night, so it looks like at the moment we'll be back under the lights in B6.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I only live a few miles from BMH pass it most days on my way to my Daughters house.....so I would like to see the U23'S play There.

but I am unsure of the timings and format...where can I get details?

Edited by TRO

21 minutes ago, TRO said:

What time is that BOF?

This is my gentle reminder that all fixture details are in the front page post on this thread 😜 But it's a 2pm Friday kickoff which is probably bugger all use to most.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, BOF said:

This is my gentle reminder that all fixture details are in the front page post on this thread 😜 But it's a 2pm Friday kickoff which is probably bugger all use to most.

So much detail on the first page I didn't realise you had collated, Just noticed that Trez and Sanson wasn't even born when we won the league cup in 94 and now I feel double old. 

On a serious note thanks for all the effort you put in bud, Excellent work 

• Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, Kingman said:

So much detail on the first page I didn't realise you had collated, Just noticed that Trez and Sanson wasn't even born when we won the league cup in 94 and now I feel double old. 

On a serious note thanks for all the effort you put in bud, Excellent work 

Thanks Kingman. The reason I do mention the front page every now and again is only because sometimes I get the impression (like when someone asks about fixtures etc) that people genuinely don't realise what is on the front page top post, and that it is constantly being updated and it answers most questions. Plus with new people following/joining this thread throughout the season, they will have completely missed that post at the start. Glad you like it :thumb:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Thanks Kingman. The reason I do mention the front page every now and again is only because sometimes I get the impression (like when someone asks about fixtures etc) that people genuinely don't realise what is on the front page top post, and that it is constantly being updated and it answers most questions. Plus with new people following/joining this thread throughout the season, they will have completely missed that post at the start. Glad you like it :thumb:

Spot on BOF, Top work 👏 

10 hours ago, BOF said:

Wow.....some work there.

I never knew it was there, but thanks for the heads up.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BOF said:

Echoing as well. I didnt know all that info was there. Great work and thanks for the bump!

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 2

On 26/01/2022 at 17:08, OutByEaster? said:

About seven hundred tickets now on sale for the Norwich game on the 21st February at Villa Park.

Free to season ticket holders and a chance to see some of the youngster.

Thanks for posting this, wouldnt have known otherwise, just got 3 tickets.

Do you know how parking works for these games, would north stand or holte end car parks be open to fans?

You'd imagine it'll be a big summer for Lindley and Thorndike.  Lindley moreso. He's seen his midfield peers become part of the 1st team squad or go out on loan. He's also seen the likes of Iroegbunam come in and overtake him in the pecking order. He'll be 20 in September so he'll be looking to either make the step up or go out on loan.  I give Thorndike a bit more leeway even though he'll be 20 in May, because he hasn't been around the PL2 setup as long as Lindley has, so he's a 'younger' player in his development you could say. Still, hitting 20y/o will probably put more focus on what they and the club want to do next.

1 hour ago, BOF said:

You'd imagine it'll be a big summer for Lindley and Thorndike.  Lindley moreso. He's seen his midfield peers become part of the 1st team squad or go out on loan. He's also seen the likes of Iroegbunam come in and overtake him in the pecking order. He'll be 20 in September so he'll be looking to either make the step up or go out on loan.  I give Thorndike a bit more leeway even though he'll be 20 in May, because he hasn't been around the PL2 setup as long as Lindley has, so he's a 'younger' player in his development you could say. Still, hitting 20y/o will probably put more focus on what they and the club want to do next.

Think both have a chance of making it, fingers crossed