U23 Development League 2021/2022

BOF

Funnily enough I know a Charlton fan who was raving about Archer to me after the game earlier (didn't catch it myself) saying he'd love if they got him on loan in January as he's exactly the type if forward they'd need at the moment. Hard for him to live up to some of his earlier performances in the season given his inexperience I suppose.

It just looked to me like he was trying too hard to make it happen. Might even be that he was feeling some pressure from having been named 'the man of the round' previously. He looked tight, and didn't seem to be going on instinct the way he has the other times I've seen him this season.

According to tonight's programme, the small heath game is now this Friday, 3rd December (or, as I write this, tomorrow).

It's still showing on the Official Site as being Monday 6th December but with the youth cup being on the 7th, I think the 3rd makes a lot of sense.

Not bothering to inform people with tickets makes a little bit less sense.

Answers on a postcard please for this one.

6 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Not bothering to inform people with tickets makes a little bit less sense.

Answers on a postcard please for this one.

I'm out of postcards but maybe it's deliberate to avoid any trouble?

Thank you - I got no answer from the twitter admin - everything on the OS still says the 6th, so I guess we put this down to someone involved in producing the programme being daft.

The sad bit is that tomorrow would be a much more convenient date from a footballing standpoint given that we've got two games in consecutive days (three if you include the first team game).

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

We've got Leicester at home in the FA youth cup on Tuesday, anyone know if you can pay on the gate or is it just tickets in advance? Cheers

Not sure if you can pay on the gate, but you can buy online and just show your phone on the gate.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Not sure if you can pay on the gate, but you can buy online and just show your phone on the gate.

Ye will buy online on the day, just cant commit to ordering now as only know if can attend Tues afternoon. Cheers.

Drove to the youth cup final and parked in that car park up from Witton station. Do you know how parking works for much smaller crowds, like can you park on the club car park?

Should be an interesting line-up tomorrow, the midfield and attack we can pretty much pick from our usual players, but defensively we're probably going to have to hold a few back for the FA Youth Cup game on Tuesday, because if we play the defence that's been playing in the U18 league in that game we'd be in danger of finding ourselves on the receiving end of a big defeat, and I'm sure we wouldn't want that to happen when we're trying to defend the cup.

Because of potentially having a weaker defence tomorrow might need more in attack as a way of compensating, so wouldn't be surprised to see the likes of Philogene-Bidace, and Archer playing, would have thought possibly Carney Chukwuemeka too, but maybe not now he played his part today.

They haven't got a first team game in the week, so wouldn't be surprised to see them playing a bunch of first teamers as they did the last time we played them.

• Like 1

Games against Birmingham are always ones that we want to win but Tuesdays FA Youth Cup tie must take preference.  I think and hope the Team we fielded at Charlton was with the Youth Cup in mind.  We picked the Youth Team Goalkeeper and Back Four and Bogarde in Midfield.  Looked to me like a dry run before the Leicester game.

All clubs take the Youth Cup seriously.  It is the Blue ribbon competition in Junior Football and if you look at the Match Day Programme our 4 wins in the competition are all recorded in the clubs honours list along with League Titles etc.  Finally I hope that we bring Carney in for this one as He still qualifies as an U18 for this season.  When we won the Youth Cup in 1972 Jimmy Brown was a First Team regular but still played in the Youth Cup games.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Be good to see Trezeguet tomorrow.

In terms of the back four, it's tricky, I have a feeling one of the three CB's might play tomorrow and two on Tuesday - Patterson might get a start in one of the games too.

Is this at VP or BH mate?