Rds1983

14 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Could be an opportunity to bin Salah

No game
Leicester
Chelsea
No game
No game

I still suspect they'll find a way to stop him (and some others) going to the Africa CoN or to juggle the games so they don't miss them. 

11 hours ago, BOF said:

The way I see it, the fixtures already shat on me, so now people who used their free hit on the recent week, where I took the pain of not wanting to waste my free hit, they get their free hit back so I get even less benefit to holding on to my one in the first place.

Yep. And people who had more players missing the last couple of weeks would be naturally set up better for the DGWs as those players will have doubles. So it swings the balance back in their favour and makes it a bit fairer.

But the FH means everyone will use them for the DGW anyway and those people who were worst affected by postponements lose any advantage they had

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

I still suspect they'll find a way to stop him (and some others) going to the Africa CoN or to juggle the games so they don't miss them. 

There's plenty of rumours that AFCON is going to be cancelled

I still have my WC to use before GW20. Would it be stupid to use my first free hit this GW and then WC next GW? If I WC this week, I'm still going to be hovering around 11 or less actually playing, since I'm planning on 2-3 LIV + maybe Dennis and Raphinha

37 minutes ago, a-k said:

I still have my WC to use before GW20. Would it be stupid to use my first free hit this GW and then WC next GW? If I WC this week, I'm still going to be hovering around 11 or less actually playing, since I'm planning on 2-3 LIV + maybe Dennis and Raphinha

When's the deadline for the first WC? Is it definitely still available next week? 

When I still had my WC around this time I'd use it to make sure I was set up for the busy Christmas /January period and wouldn't worry so much about an individual week. 

Not easy to plan right now though. 

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

When's the deadline for the first WC? Is it definitely still available next week? 

When I still had my WC around this time I'd use it to make sure I was set up for the busy Christmas /January period and wouldn't worry so much about an individual week. 

Not easy to plan right now though. 

The first wildcard will be available from the start of the season until Tue 28 Dec 13:00.

22 minutes ago, a-k said:

The first wildcard will be available from the start of the season until Tue 28 Dec 13:00.

Questions to ask then are:

- Do you need to actually WC in the next 2 weeks? How strong is your current squad - how set are you for the next few weeks?

- How many FHs do you have? 1 or 2? Is there a better time to use them then this week (let me know if you figure this out for certain)? Most people will be missing loads of players so a FH if you get it right could be very useful, however, it might be worth more in a more predictable DGW or similar small week. I think there'll be a few more cancellations after the deadline. 

- Can you get a solid squad for the next 2 weeks off just a WC and save your FH? 

Personally I'm going to wait until as close to the deadline as possible to make any more decisions as it's just too unpredictable at the moment. You can at least plan out your WC (always fun) without confirming it. 

I think I'll go FH-->WC. I've only got 8 outfield players this week, of which 3 are highly unlikely to return. Even though it's only a two day gap, I think I'll WC next GW as there could still be a few more games off and I could end up with a bunch of 0s over the next two GWs. I'd still have all original chips and the second WC to use for the upcoming blank and double GWs.

right, how late is everyone leaving it then? guessing covid test results are coming in around now, then they need to be applying to the PL for postponements?

saw on twitter we had something like 7 confirmed cases as of yesterday. didn't say if that was players or staff or both

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

right, how late is everyone leaving it then? guessing covid test results are coming in around now, then they need to be applying to the PL for postponements?

saw on twitter we had something like 7 confirmed cases as of yesterday. didn't say if that was players or staff or both

Probably best to just leave two tabs open with your moves if the Spurs game is/isn't postponed and confirm the correct one a minute before the deadline.

Spurs Palace confirmed on by both clubs. So that's Son and Ronaldo in for me. Just wait a bit longer in case another game gets called off and changes who I should be selling, but right now it's Salah & Ollie.

1 hour ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Probably best to just leave two tabs open with your moves if the Spurs game is/isn't postponed and confirm the correct one a minute before the deadline.

pretty much what i did. just had to confirm team as need to go out. cant imagine any 3pms are getting called off at this late hour

Â