Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, John said:

Terrible news. Emi will be a big miss for us this season and will be an option that UE is denied. I like the player, he might not have made quite the impression that some had hoped for, but he gives 100%, is as has been said "a terrier" when the opposition has the ball and plays a telling pass. I'm sure he would have played a lot of games for us, during what will be a busy season. Most of all, I feel sorry for Emi himself. He would have been really up for this season and hoping to win a medal with us and a regular place in his national squad. 

Can I add that in my opinion, today is not the day to be negative about the player, whatever you may think about him and his potential contribution to us in the coming season. Now is the time to think about the player and to just wish him well for his recovery. Get well soon Emi!

Emiliano Buendia (@EM10Buendia) / Twitter Liverpool tipped to launch stunning raid on Aston Villa for star rated as  'on a par with Bellingham' Aston Villa star Emi Buendia could miss ENTIRE SEASON after suffering knee  ligament injury just days before Prem opener | The US Sun Should Emi Buendia be called out? – AVFC – Avillafan.com – Aston Villa  Fansite, Blog, & Forum.. 

spacer.png

53 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Thought I'd try and add a little positivity to the thread...

The list of players that have had ACL injuries, recovered, and played at the same/similar level is very very long.

Just a few examples:

Van Nistelrooy did his ACL before moving to Man Utd, he had a pretty good career after that.

Xavi did his ACL and returned the same season.

Ibrahimovic, Shearer, Del Piero, Totti, and Baggio all did an ACL and played at very high levels for a long time after.

A lot of these are a few years back as well, treatments have only improved since then.

Any talk of 'career effectively over at top level' is very much worst-case scenario stuff. Wesley I believe did multiple ligaments which is why his was so bad.

I like Buendia, I think he's a good player, an important player for us, but with Mr Emery in charge and a decent squad to work with I think we'll be okay.

Well said Sir!

33 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Focussing on the positives Mings and Delph went on to become England internationals. Plenty others on the list continue to or played on at international level and top level football. 

Has Van Dijk really been that bad? Liverpool as a whole were a mess. (I don't know)

No, he hasn't.

• Like 1

Awful news. I had Buendía down for a breakthrough season this year where he became a real star in the league. At least he’ll be like a ‘brand new signing’ next season 😭😭. I hope Ramsey comes back better than ever now .

Who starts on the left against Newcastle? Bailey or Coutinho?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Awful news. I had Buendía down for a breakthrough season this year where he became a real star in the league. At least he’ll be like a ‘brand new signing’ next season 😭😭. I hope Ramsey comes back better than ever now .

Who starts on the left against Newcastle? Bailey or Coutinho?

Can't be either Bailey or Coutinho. Might have to go with Tielemans Luiz Kamara McGinn

• Like 2

Totally gutting news so close to the season starting, really love the wee terrier from Argentina, was looking really good in preseason games will be definitely be a big blow to Emery’s plans, hopefully he will make a full recovery & be back playing as soon as possible. 

• Like 4

Wishing Emi a speedy recovery. It’s a blow for us to lose him not sure he would have been a key starter this season.

43 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Can't be either Bailey or Coutinho. Might have to go with Tielemans Luiz Kamara McGinn

@gwi1890 another one for the TLK trio 😉.

I'm not in anyway going to gloat if that happens, but I will forever bow down to your Emery channeling insight if they don't play. 

I'm genuinely surprised how certain you are he won't try it. 🤔. It just seems quite logical to me. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jas10 said:

Any other teams in the league that have had players sustain bad/long term injuries?

Are we as unlucky as we think we are?

Chelsea tend to have a fair few but they have a such a massive squad. I remember Liverpool got decimated a couple of seasons ago.

19 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

It’s been hours and I’m still gutted. Must feel like a punch in the stomach for Emery and all his meticulous planning and preparation.

Yeah I'm the same. Just absolutely gutted and really burst my optimism for the season. 

21 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Chelsea tend to have a fair few but they have a such a massive squad. I remember Liverpool got decimated a couple of seasons ago.

Yeah I mean this season specifically, and maybe even last (Diego injury, Kamara out for a while too)…

23 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

It’s been hours and I’m still gutted. Must feel like a punch in the stomach for Emery and all his meticulous planning and preparation.

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Yeah I'm the same. Just absolutely gutted and really burst my optimism for the season. 

It is gutting but we have to try and look on the “bright side”… would’ve felt a hell of a lot more worse and been more impactful had it happened when the season was well underway and transfer window closed…

We’ve got a good squad now and are going to continue to strengthen - only need to look at recent comments from Unai and Monchi.

I was quite upset but have just accepted it now and believe we’re actually, for once, in a position where we can deal with an injury to an important player and it not affect us too heavily… one of the most pleasing things with Unai is that he’s made us a complete and effective team, we don’t rely too heavily on too many individuals… it’s about the team and our playing style rather than needing one player to lift us and make us tick…

• Like 3

Â