Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

20 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I'm sure this has been mentioned but use of the word 'significant' from the club feels very deliberate. 

I doubt we'll see him again this season. A blow for sure. 

If Bailey doesn't feature you'll need a new scapegoat. Tough times

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Absolutely gutted. He will be a huge loss and this has absolutely dented the pre season optimism. We need our whole squad firing on all cylinders and three potential starters will be out for a number of games - Ramsey, Moreno and Buendia. The Villa way. 

• Like 1

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

If Bailey doesn't feature you'll need a new scapegoat. Tough times

Tbf, it's also going to be a difficult few weeks for you KV, what with Monchi confirming we are still going to be active in the transfer market.

We are going to need reminding regularly that 99% of the players we're linked with won't be signing. You know we can't be allowed to forget that.

27 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I'm sure this has been mentioned but use of the word 'significant' from the club feels very deliberate. 

I doubt we'll see him again this season. A blow for sure. 

Bet you're absolutely gutted eh?

👀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Tbf, it's also going to be a difficult few weeks for you KV, what with Monchi confirming we are still going to be active in the transfer market.

We are going to need reminding regularly that 99% of the players we're linked with won't be signing. You know we can't be allowed to forget that.

I was upbeat about season with current squad until now. Like I said in other thread we can't have +200k per week in non squad players wages and sign more without offloading players. Sorry for being a pragmatist

Courtois has done his ACL as well today.

Horrible injury. I always think that players never quite come back right and lose that spark which is understandable as it a major injury. Buendia is a huge loss to the squad and before this I don't think he ever missed a game for Villa through injury and so he was a dependable player to have whether he started or not. Was great in pre-season as well. It's a huge blow.

11 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Not sure what sickens me the most, an amazing talent having a potentially career changing injury or that there are a couple of posters on here probably smirking right now!

2 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Bet you're absolutely gutted eh?

👀

For all the Buendia slating, Delphino doesn't come across as though they're smirking... who else did you have in mind?

8 minutes ago, Ceemo said:

Horrible injury. I always think that players never quite come back right and lose that spark which is understandable as it a major injury. Buendia is a huge loss to the squad and before this I don't think he ever missed a game for Villa through injury and so he was a dependable player to have whether he started or not. Was great in pre-season as well. It's a huge blow.

As I mentioned earlier one example that always comes to my mind is Delph. The season he came back he didn't look great, but the season after that one was when he fulfilled all his promise, looked quick and dynamic and pretty great. It might just be a protracted process but there's no reason he can't come back just as good. But yeah it'll take some time.

41 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

We haven’t seen it at all this pre season. But we’ve seen plenty of other experiments.

Now I've had time to think about it Tielemans can't do press like Buendia but Luiz could so Tielemans and Kamara double pivot like you said about Tielemans and Luiz plays further forward as more mobile on the press

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I was upbeat about season with current squad until now. Like I said in other thread we can't have +200k per week in non squad players wages and sign more without offloading players. Sorry for being a pragmatist

Please don't apologise or feel downbeat, be strong, like our superb manager and his backroom staff will be! We will thrive whatever is thrown at us.

12 minutes ago, Ceemo said:

I think a full recovery won’t be seen until 2025 for Buendia. Biomechanically, they almost always play differently because of the nature of the injury. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Hanging on in quiet desperation is the Villa way. Buendia's crocked, the season's over. Thought I'd something more to say...

I expect he might go "home, home again - he likes to be there when he can"

Seriously though this is such a shame. We always seem to get such bad luck with injuries. Get better soon Little Emi

Â