Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

Realistically people were saying we needed to lose one of our attacking options from midfield in this window and I don't think many had Buendia in their ideal starting XI, yes it's a team game now but he was an expensive player who never lived up to the hype until a few glimmers in this pre-season. 

I still think there was a good player in their but I think he was a bench option that could easily have gone the way of Coutinho. 

It weakens us slightly but we've got time to readjust to this during the window. 

Overall I'm not bothered by this from a cold, supporting Villa perspective but obviously feel for the lad himself as he must be devastated, and also feel for whoever caused the injury in training as they must be reeling right now. 

Ok.

This isn't what anybody wanted. Losing a player, regardless of how one judges his ability, isn't helpful for anyone. 

BUT.

I was firmly of the opinion last season that he would very much be a bench option this season IF our transfer window went well. I believe we're still in for at least one other attacking option / wide player. With the emergence of Philogene, maybe this won't be the blow everybody thinks it is. We have Diaby, Bailey, Ramsey, McGinn and Philogene who can play wide and we're likely to add another two players to that crop. 

It's not the end of the world. It would be much more disastrous if this happened to Watkins, Martinez, Kamara, Luiz, McGinn, Torres, Mings or Konsa. IMO

• Like 2

Just now, skarroki said:

Realistically people were saying we needed to lose one of our attacking options from midfield in this window and I don't think many had Buendia in their ideal starting XI, yes it's a team game now but he was an expensive player who never lived up to the hype until a few glimmers in this pre-season. 

I still think there was a good player in their but I think he was a bench option that could easily have gone the way of Coutinho. 

It weakens us slightly but we've got time to readjust to this during the window. 

Overall I'm not bothered by this from a cold, supporting Villa perspective but obviously feel for the lad himself as he must be devastated, and also feel for whoever caused the injury in training as they must be reeling right now. 

I think he was nailed on to start the first game vs Newcastle 

• Like 1

Just now, skarroki said:

It is bad, especially with the number of games we'll be playing this season, although there are over half a dozen other players that are more important to this team than Buendia is.

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

Bar  Lux.

always seems like 2 steps forward, 1 step back.

I guess we have to try and think positively and not get too downbeat… it is sad though…

But at least it hasn’t happened during the season and when we can’t sign players… we have time to bring in a replacement, possibly even an upgrade.

I really like Emi though and anticipated a much stronger season from him… man… I’m really saddened by this… 😔 

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Ok.

This isn't what anybody wanted. Losing a player, regardless of how one judges his ability, isn't helpful for anyone. 

BUT.

I was firmly of the opinion last season that he would very much be a bench option this season IF our transfer window went well. I believe we're still in for at least one other attacking option / wide player. With the emergence of Philogene, maybe this won't be the blow everybody thinks it is. We have Diaby, Bailey, Ramsey, McGinn and Philogene who can play wide and we're likely to add another two players to that crop. 

It's not the end of the world. It would be much more disastrous if this happened to Watkins, Martinez, Kamara, Luiz, McGinn, Torres, Mings or Konsa. IMO

The fact that Ramsey is out makes it much worse , Buendia would have started the game vs Newcastle, we won’t be shoehorning a midfield of Tielemans, Luiz, Kamara.

Just now, TheMelvillan said:

think the use of the word "significant" is quite deliberate here 😔. really doesnt sound good.

I think lil Phil is probably the closest like for like replacement. lets hope he can carry his pre season form into the season

If he’s sticking around, we need him to step up…

But I’m sure we’re going to sign players too…

Oh man… I can’t shake the sadness over this, I really like Emi….

• Sad 1

Â