Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

If you believe some reports, he had a bit of a knock and didn't train on Saturday. He almost didn't play today and probably wasn't 100%. That might explain the mediocre performance.

24 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I'm just looking forward to Buendia winning player of the season

Hope so. Your time would be much better spent in this thread.

I thought he had a brilliant first 45 mins in pre-season and otherwise has struggled the same as last year.

Left mid spot is there for him at the start of the season if he can pull it together.

15 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Hope so. Your time would be much better spent in this thread.

I thought he had a brilliant first 45 mins in pre-season and otherwise has struggled the same as last year.

Left mid spot is there for him at the start of the season if he can pull it together.

Be interesting to see Ramsey and Buendia fight it out for that position this season, then you have Couthinho if he stays.  I wonder if Tielemans could play there also.  We seem quite stacked in that LM position.

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Be interesting to see Ramsey and Buendia fight it out for that position this season, then you have Couthinho if he stays.  I wonder if Tielemans could play there also.  We seem quite stacked in that LM position.

Considering Buendia has been behind Bailey in the pecking order for the most part, I'm not sure he has any chance of getting in ahead of Ramsey (when fit). 

If we sign another Winger/SS, he'll potentially be beneath Diaby, Ramsey, NEW and Bailey. And that's not even considering Coutinho and JPB.

He played a lot last year through necessity (injuries to Bailey, Kamara, Coutinho). This year, he's going to find it a lot harder. He can't be dropping his usual 4/5 out of 10 performances and get away with them. 

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Considering Buendia has been behind Bailey in the pecking order for the most part, I'm not sure he has any chance of getting in ahead of Ramsey (when fit). 

If we sign another Winger/SS, he'll potentially be beneath Diaby, Ramsey, NEW and Bailey. And that's not even considering Coutinho and JPB.

He played a lot last year through necessity (injuries to Bailey, Kamara, Coutinho). This year, he's going to find it a lot harder. He can't be dropping his usual 4/5 out of 10 performances and get away with them. 

He’ll be starting every Thursday ! Plenty of games to go around. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Buendia will play loads of games this season. He is one of our most creative players and defensively good too. Emery likes him, the crowd love him and so they should

If he likes him so much, why did he drop him at the end of last season?

The thing about Buendia is I get frustrated with his end product and the times when he loses a lot of his duels. 

But depending on the configuration of the XI, the eye test tells me we have a hard time continually progressing and keeping the ball without him. 

Hopefully the addition of Diaby; improved McGinn, and Philogene/other winger can help us progress when we’re without Buendia. 

Edited by DJBOB

Judging players on pre season warmup games and labelling a regular starter in a top 2 form side a “4.5 / 10 player”. Just unhinged nonsense.

Emery likes Buendia. His defensive work rate is superb, and he still does a good job for the team even when the attacking play is a bit hit and miss.

Be amazed if he becomes a benchwarmer next season.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, sne said:

In news that I'm sure will be heartbreaking for a certain poster the gossip rags are claiming that Arsenal are interested in Buendia :)

So many midfield mouths to feed. Making up transfer rumours is easy. I missed my calling but I have scruples

Â