Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

17 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

The only way you’ll see Luiz on a bench is if he signs for Real Madrid.

What I mean is, we will have greater squad depth of equally strong players who are rotated in and out of the starting lineup. Believe it or not, giving Luiz a break from time to time without sacrificing strength at that position will be a good thing for the team and him. 

19 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Not consistant enough to be a regular starter and some of the poor decisions he makes is concerning. Still has a role in the overall squad.

Norwich in the prem was more his level I think. Main man in a lower half squad and he can shine but too inconsistent to be playing a crucial goal scoring role.

Luckily his workrate can keep him in the rotation, which can be hard to find in that position, but he struggles in the final third and I’m not sure Unai can improve that from him.  

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

What I mean is, we will have greater squad depth of equally strong players who are rotated in and out of the starting lineup. Believe it or not, giving Luiz a break from time to time without sacrificing strength at that position will be a good thing for the team and him. 

He's basically our version of Rodri at a Man City. He's played 2nd most minutes for City this season behind Ederson. People bang on too much about rotation when often league winning teams barely rotate some core players

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

He's basically our version of Rodri at a Man City. He's played 2nd most minutes for City this season behind Ederson. People bang on too much about rotation when often league winning teams barely rotate some core players

Yeah, Rodri is actually crucial to how City play. It's why Phillips was never gonna get a look in.

For me, Luiz and Kamara would be a shoe in every week.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Telling that he's dropped as soon as Kamara and Bailey are deemed fit enough to start again. 

Not sure it is. Could equally be that he needed the rest, or that it was tactical. Why Digne over Moreno e.g.? 

Currently lacks that extra intensity and quality the rest of the squad seems to have. Seeing how others have transformed under Emery, I'm not writing him off, but really needs to show much more to remain in the squad.

For a creative player his spatial awareness isn't that good really. Does not get his head up near enough when he receives the ball for position he plays.

In injury time he gets the ball in centre circle and there is literally no one near McGinn at all on the right, he's got about 20 yards to run into. Buendia dosen't even see him and passes to Ollie and move just breaks down.

I have no issue with Buendia remaining as squad player but him or Bailey can't be our go to creative players next season if we want to break into top 6, that's the area where you spend big money on.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

For a creative player his spatial awareness isn't that good really. Does not get his head up near enough when he receives the ball for position he plays.

In injury time he gets the ball in centre circle and there is literally no one near McGinn at all on the right, he's got about 20 yards to run into. Buendia dosen't even see him and passes to Ollie and move just breaks down.

I have no issue with Buendia remaining as squad player but him or Bailey can't be our go to creative players next season if we want to break into top 6, that's the area where you spend big money on.

Being only a point off 6th and Emery not with us all season I'd say they probably are good enough for top 6 but if we want to break into top 4 then I agree with you 

Â