Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, VillanousOne said:

Not moaning, just stating a fact

wasnt aimed at yourself in particular, but just some saying we have a mentally weak squad and then if bite back they are called moaners

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Put Buendia in that city team behind haaland and he’s in double figures

If only it was that simple eh. Makes you wonder why Pep signs all these World Class players when he could get someone for £30m to do the same job. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Or why arteta wanted him at arsenal 

When they win the league I’m pretty sure he will be on his shopping list again with the lure of Champions League football. 

12 hours ago, MaVilla said:

i have generally defended Buendia, however.......

He is far too weak when receiving the ball, i lost count how many times he got dispossessed yesterday, i dont mind any creative player receiving the ball and trying to make things happen, but so many times it doesnt even get to that, he is just muscled off the ball really easily, or he has poor initial control and loses the ball, he really, seriously needs to improve in this area of his game.

He does have some excellent qualities, but he also has some serious weaknesses, hopefully he can work on actually holding on to the ball and controlling it without being bodied off.

If he bulks up in the summer we could see some changes. Ollie is a much better player for having his improved his conditioning. Emi could really benefit from that. 

• Like 1

Just now, The_Steve said:

If he bulks up in the summer we could see some changes. Ollie is a much better player for having his improved his conditioning. Emi could really benefit from that. 

yeah i agree with that, if Buendia could improve his ball retention when initially receiving the ball, he would be a different player.

His vision/chance creation is very good imo, but its his ball retention that really badly lets him down.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, WHY said:

So he should have had 2 assists according to that. That looks about the average based on 24 chances created. 

xA would weight the quality of the chance created, as not all chances are equal.

He's put Watkins through (vs. Palace and vs. Bournemouth) for two easy one-on-ones, a clinical striker converts both of them. 

• Like 2

IMO - this highlights my biggest issue with Buendia. Grealish used to do the same thing though he has the dribbling to get out of it. Buendia loses a few duels early on and then to make up for it, he starts going to the ball instead of holding position in space. 

Think he had a talking to in the second half as he noticeably lost the ball less and as a consequence wasn’t popping up everywhere. Think if he holds his position better, which is unnatural to him, it will provide more dividends. 

Buendia didnt make the match squad versus Panama tonight, pretty sure the only other time he got picked for the Argentina squad, he also didnt get picked for the match day squad then.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Buendia didnt make the match squad versus Panama tonight, pretty sure the only other time he got picked for the Argentina squad, he also didnt get picked for the match day squad then.

A lot of competition in that Argentina team.

On 23/03/2023 at 20:52, MaVilla said:

He didn’t get picked last night either, but I believe only players who played in the WC or qualifying got picked for these friendlies. The objective was a home celebration of the WC win. Emi and a couple of others were added to the squad for training and looking to the future but not expected to play - but he’s expected to be in the mix when their qualifying kicks off next international break. 

On 21/03/2023 at 09:06, villarule123 said:

I like him, but I'd be wanting to upgrade on him as a starter for next season. He's simply too weak, and gives the ball away far too much to be a starter for a top 7 team. 

In a top 7 team - he’d be getting mom every game and almost certainly playing himself into a champions league side.

The guy is class and I am more than happy to have him in a Villa shirt.

24 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

In a top 7 team - he’d be getting mom every game and almost certainly playing himself into a champions league side.

The guy is class and I am more than happy to have him in a Villa shirt.

If he was in a top 7 team he would be getting sold, bench at best. Hopefully we will be one of those teams next season so we can find out. 

2 hours ago, villarule123 said:

If he was in a top 7 team he would be getting sold, bench at best. Hopefully we will be one of those teams next season so we can find out. 

I guess it is all about opinions at the end of the day.

I really like him and feel we are a better side when he is playing. 
I certainly agree with the last bit 👍🏻

• Like 1

Â