Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

8 minutes ago, useless said:

It was an utterly stupid question, or at least a stupid way of asking it, 'Did you notice Buendia's performance?', of course he noticed Buendia's performance, the interviewer asking the question in the way that he did comes across as him having a go at Gerrard, but doing so in underhand manner, he could have just made reference to Buendia's good display and then asked that surely he deserves a start and maybe could have even made reference to that being a wish of the fans.

I feel like Gerrard would have been in his rights to react more angrily than he did, but watching the clip his response didn't seem that bad to me, he seemed pretty laid back, and him asking back if the reporter had seen Bailey play, came across to me as him just trying to include Bailey in the praise.

I should say I've watched Gerrard press conferences where his replies have made me feel a little uncomfortable, it's only happened a few times, but his replies can be very harsh on the journalist. But on this occassion I don't think he did anything wrong.

It's not WWE I don't really care what he does or says in press conference, how he manages the team most improtant thing.

If it was me I'd give Coutinho a break tomor and play Buendia Watkins and Ings as a front three.

Edited by useless

6 minutes ago, villanmac said:

Whether or not we want to do the standard villatalk pedantics and semantics, it's clear the question is framed as Buendia has done enough to start and you are not starting him. Yet the manager has given valid reasons why he hasn't started (this season) but those with an axe to grind won't have it.

It's an absolutely fair question. Not like he asked him "how comes you don't ever play your best player huh Steven?".

A guy who started just 4 of the last 16 games came off the bench to score. If reporters aren't asking if that fella is going to be in contention to start, what are they doing really?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Has he given valid reasons?

I dont buy that Buendia has been carrying a niggle every week since February

So you think the club and SG are in cahoots to coordinate a public disinformation campaign for the purpose of off setting the reasons Buendia hasn't yet started ( Bare in mind we are two games into THIS season, no matter how much we want to drag last into this )

Do you realise what this would entail and the potential risks and ramifications?

The club now put out an official injury update every week. lol

As a matter of fact, I have a feeling they started doing this, to  shoot down conspiracy theorists and provide clarity.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So you think the club and SG are in cahoots to coordinate a public disinformation campaign for the purpose of off setting the reasons Buendia hasn't yet started ( Bare in mind we are two games into THIS season, no matter how much we want to drag last into this )

Do you realise what this would entail and the potential risks and ramifications?

The club now put out an official injury update every week. lol

This is the same SG that has said that players will be picked on merit and nobody has a guaranteed jersey

At this stage I dont believe a word he says

Just now, Zatman said:

This is the same SG that has said that players will be picked on merit and nobody has a guaranteed jersey

At this stage I dont believe a word he says

He could be telling the truth and actually think that McGinn and Coutinho have been earning the shirts.

Just now, Keyblade said:

He could be telling the truth and actually think that McGinn and Coutinho have been earning the shirts.

Exactly, doesn't mean he isn't wrong, but the notion he is making shit up as he goes along is a stretch IMO.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, useless said:

It was an utterly stupid question, or at least a stupid way of asking it, 'Did you notice Buendia's performance?', of course he noticed Buendia's performance, the interviewer asking the question in the way that he did comes across as him having a go at Gerrard, but doing so in underhand manner, he could have just made reference to Buendia's good display and then asked that surely he deserves a start and maybe could have even made reference to that being a wish of the fans.

I feel like Gerrard would have been in his rights to react more angrily than he did, but watching the clip his response didn't seem that bad to me, he seemed pretty laid back, and him asking back if the reporter had seen Bailey play, came across to me as him just trying to include Bailey in the praise.

He didn't ask if he noticed it though. That would be stupid yes.

Gerrard knew a Buendia question was coming and was already rattled by it so he had that answer prepared. 

The question was:

"It looked to be a good performance from Emi Buendia when he came on as a sub. Has he done enough in your mind to start a game?"

The guy didn't even say Buendia played well! He basically asked the manager if he thought he played well.

Far from the harshest questions he will get if he's left out tomorrow and has to save us from the bench again.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Preece on Claret and Blue Podcast also saying something along the lines of:

" There is no issue whatsoever with Gerrard and Buendia.

Gerrard absolutely loves him and is just a bit wound up by all the loaded questions about him.

He's actually been trying to protect him as he has had niggling little injuries, but he absolutely loves him, and we could see him start tomorrow. "

Oh Preecey.

“Hi Steven, I work in journalism but I’ve been on the moon with my eyes closed and fingers in my ears, so I don’t know if you’ve talked about this several times over the last week, but it looked to be a good performance from Emi Buendia when he came on as a sub. Has he done enough in your mind to start a game?"

27 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

It's an absolutely fair question. Not like he asked him "how comes you don't ever play your best player huh Steven?".

A guy who started just 4 of the last 16 games came off the bench to score. If reporters aren't asking if that fella is going to be in contention to start, what are they doing really?

I didn't actually realise it was that low in regards to the amount of games he's started. 

This is why I said his words don't really mean much. He can say that he really rates him but when he starts 4 of the last 16, that paints a very different picture. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

“Hi Steven, I work in journalism but I’ve been on the moon with my eyes closed and fingers in my ears, so I don’t know if you’ve talked about this several times over the last week, but it looked to be a good performance from Emi Buendia when he came on as a sub. Has he done enough in your mind to start a game?"

He talked about Emi's performance putting him in contention for a start?

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Don't get what some seem to have against Preece. Seems a lovely bloke and genuine Villan.

I like him. Tough gig he's got. He needs to not put his foot in it so often.

Talking about "loaded questions", has anyone seen any loaded questions heading Gerrard's way? There could be soon if we don't start playing well of course, he's in trouble if getting ask if he thinks players played well draws some ire.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, maqroll said:

Buendia won't start. Coutinho will.

If we win, like we did in the last game, then I don't really mind. 

6 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

Because he knows he is wrong, and cannot defend his position..

He doesn't need to defend a position though? His justification is results. He lives and dies by that. 

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I didn't actually realise it was that low in regards to the amount of games he's started. 

This is why I said his words don't really mean much. He can say that he really rates him but when he starts 4 of the last 16, that paints a very different picture. 

He started at Burnley and played well. The game that stopped us talking about the ridiculous talk of relegation

Dropped for Liverpool as it was Coutinho old team

• Haha 1

Â