Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

On 30/04/2022 at 13:00, IrishVilla10 said:

Something that really surprised me when he came in was the lack of awareness we seemed to have about what his role at Norwich was. Watch his highlights from last season, it’s getting the ball on the turn and slotting the ball through to Pukki mostly. It was as if none of our forwards were aware of this. He’s not a dribbler or pacey he just finds the right pass. I think Ings was better suited to his play initially and I can remember a few times him being set up for one on ones but not finishing. In terms of scoring goals himself, he does so much defensive work I find when we get the ball he’s never in dangerous areas you’d want a forward to be. But his return isn’t great for sure 

Both Coutinho and Buendia are too easy to take out, both are lightweight in stature, so they have to rely on their talent to be effective....opponents have been able to negate that lately, hence their edge disappearing.

Its a different level of defender in the Premier League, so Emi might find the going tough, its not the same as just finding Pukki.......Right now, I can see the anxiety in some fans, because Coutinho, is a bit flaky, albeit opposition defenders will be wary of his presence, more so than Emi.....We have to find a way of freeing up one of them.

I think we have to trust the coaching staff/manager to decide.....But I would like to see a player in amongst the 3 who has the ability to free up either of them.

We are all miffed at our goal scoring record of late and blame the creators and finishers......but as a team we get closed down too easy and we are denied Time and Space to make creation a reality......In contrast we give the oppostion time and space to play, we need to watch the German womens team Press, and we might learn something, despite them losing....instead of us standing off and waiting for a mishap.

If we don't improve in this area as a team.....I don't see us doing much this season.

Giving the ball away cheaply and recovering it too deep, will not achieve our objectives, and will certainly curtail our creative ambitions.

In short, I think our creative issues are more a team problem more than an individual problem.

Edited by TRO

11 minutes ago, TRO said:

Its a different level of defender in the Premier League, so Emi might find the going tough, its not the same as just finding Pukki.......

Emi is more than good enough in the PL, as he's proved.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Emi is more than good enough in the PL, as he's proved.

Has he?....There is a lot to like about the fella, but lets get real, he has to hurt teams more often, as does Phil.

I think SG is looking for more, to be more effective.....and we need that.

That is the case for every player now, not just Emi....They are all under the microscope....if we are looking to Europe, everyone has to step up to the plate.

Every player has to be effective and show worth, these waiting for moments in a game are gone.....He is looking for urgency, industry and a mean winning streak...that requires hard work and commitment.

We seen it in the Womens National team.......and we need to find it too.

Friendlies are over now,  its now down to business, and that means applying ourselves, to give our undoubted talent a chance to surface.

We need to get about Bournemouth on saturday, not just sit back and think our talent ALONE can do the job.....because it won't.

If we go in to this game with the same mentality as against Watford last season, we will for sure, get the same result.

We had better players than Watford and got turned over, for not applying ourselves properly.

and thats the case, for whatever team he picks.

Edited by TRO

I hope gerrard has the balls to replace coutinho during a game when he becomes invisible and offers nothing.

Buendia for me is a much more consistent chance maker..ok he might lack a little bit of that flair that couts can offer but I hope he is used and not  just left to rot on the subs bench.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Tom13 said:

I would absolutely love to see Buendia and Bailey behind Ings for the opener. Won't happen but still.

Finally last year's big three signings starting together...that would be good...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

I hope gerrard has the balls to replace coutinho during a game when he becomes invisible and offers nothing.

Buendia for me is a much more consistent chance maker..ok he might lack a little bit of that flair that couts can offer but I hope he is used and not  just left to rot on the subs bench.

The little flair that he's missing is being able to control the ball with his shoulder or head...honestly beyond that I can't think of what Coutinho has in locker that Emi can't do. And I say that as someone who loves Phil. I hope the two of them play together regularly as we basically have 2 of the same player. We've hit the jackpot.

• Like 1

I can't help but think that Emis all action movement works against him. He will often run all over the place looking for the ball (I remember we had him on the right one of his early games and ended up on the left standing next to the LM at one point). In addition, he does give the ball away at times trying things. These are the only two points I can find the fault him on that may be keeping him out of the starting lineup.

1 hour ago, Anything11 said:

I can't help but think that Emis all action movement works against him. He will often run all over the place looking for the ball (I remember we had him on the right one of his early games and ended up on the left standing next to the LM at one point). In addition, he does give the ball away at times trying things. These are the only two points I can find the fault him on that may be keeping him out of the starting lineup.

The fault that keeps him out of the starting lineup is that he didn't share a change room and the pitch with his manager for 5 years.

Guys above saying he hasn't shown the ability to dominate at Premier League level... And yet both seasons he's played in the Premier League he has been right at the top of the league for chances created per 90 minutes. Even last season I think he was 3rd or thereabouts in the entire league for non-set piece chances created per 90.

His underlying stats last season both offensively and defensively were better than Coutinho.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, DRAGONZ_RULE said:

The fault that keeps him out of the starting lineup is that he didn't share a change room and the pitch with his manager for 5 years.

Conjecture. However, the longer he is kept out the harder it is to find alternative hypotheses.

1 hour ago, DRAGONZ_RULE said:

Guys above saying he hasn't shown the ability to dominate at Premier League level... And yet both seasons he's played in the Premier League he has been right at the top of the league for chances created per 90 minutes. Even last season I think he was 3rd or thereabouts in the entire league for non-set piece chances created per 90.

His underlying stats last season both offensively and defensively were better than Coutinho.

"Short" key passes per 90 last season:

IMG_20220802_005719.thumb.jpg.6c06a1729ea7022b5df5f33370d0647f.jpg

It's my biggest worry with Gerrard, if he doesn't start him it's only a matter of time before Beundia throws a wobbly and from the game time I have seen him have Beundia would be entitled to as well. In some games he's been our MOTM and he's only played the last 20 minutes!

• Like 1

Â