Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I don't think he's been underrated. If anything it's because people have big expectations for him. 

I think today was the most consistent I've seen him this season. He's definitely grown into the season.

I think another issue is the price tag, because he’s come in for 30 odd million people expect world class performances every week, and perhaps judge him against the £100m player he came in to replace. 

Emi is class and will be a huge player for us imo. 

Edited by av1

4 minutes ago, av1 said:

I think another issue is the price tag, because he’s come in for 30 odd million people expect world class performances every week, and perhaps judge him against the £100m player he came in to replace. 

Agree, he will get there.

Also and this isn't an excuse, new young family, new home, new club, new manager etc etc 

He will 100% get there here.

Another thing I’ve noticed, and maybe it’s because he likes to get stuck in, but he seems to get hammered every week. Apart from the awful incident with his arm (which I think was intentional) someone stood on his foot again. He always seems to be in the wars 

11 minutes ago, av1 said:

I think that's part of it, and I've expected more from him earlier this season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, av1 said:

Another thing I’ve noticed, and maybe it’s because he likes to get stuck in, but he seems to get hammered every week. Apart from the awful incident with his arm (which I think was intentional) someone stood on his foot again. He always seems to be in the wars 

That's probably more to do with his size. 

2 minutes ago, vreitti said:

That's probably more to do with his size. 

How is someone stamping on his foot and trying to break his arm anything to do with his size?

18 minutes ago, av1 said:

I was thinking this during the game. He gets battered every week (I think Gerrard has alluded to it previously too) but players don’t seem to get penalised for it. 

20 minutes ago, av1 said:

How is someone stamping on his foot and trying to break his arm anything to do with his size?

I honestly don't know how mate, but he just seems to get entangled in all close-contact situations.

Â