VT’s Music Chat

Mark Albrighton

Genuinely had no idea whatsoever what Ed Sheeran sounded like until yesterday, when I listened to snippets of his new album.

I thought he was going to be a bit drab, but in fact he's a brazen, filthy whore!

He's tapping into the essence of clean pop anthems of the past few decades: is that David Gray? Craig David? Clannad???? :D

The album is surely going to make a mountain of cash?

I'm genuinely impressed at what a dirty, low life, no holds barred, pop prostitute he is.

13 hours ago, Xann said:

Genuinely had no idea whatsoever what Ed Sheeran sounded like until yesterday, when I listened to snippets of his new album.

I thought he was going to be a bit drab, but in fact he's a brazen, filthy whore!

He's tapping into the essence of clean pop anthems of the past few decades: is that David Gray? Craig David? Clannad???? :D

The album is surely going to make a mountain of cash?

I'm genuinely impressed at what a dirty, low life, no holds barred, pop prostitute he is.

I don't really follow him and when a new tune of his is pointed out to me it's unfathomable how he has success. That said what I have read is that he is a pilferer of Noel Gallagher proportions. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

Satan is real is a classic. I can't stress that more. Not even me saying that it's widely considered in the genre, a classic. 

I have no doubts, I also have no doubts I'd like to mess it up in a comedy dance dub mix

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Satan is real is a classic. I can't stress that more. Not even me saying that it's widely considered in the genre, a classic. 

On a completely different note, 2011 re-issues of that album are selling for over £45 a go. Thats some real satanic majik going on there. What happened in Sept 2020 for the prices to just shoot up. fairly steadt at around £15 and then it starts going off the chart

44 minutes ago, bickster said:

On a completely different note, 2011 re-issues of that album are selling for over £45 a go. Thats some real satanic majik going on there. What happened in Sept 2020 for the prices to just shoot up. fairly steadt at around £15 and then it starts going off the chart

Brexit. 

• Haha 1

Watching in catchup but BBC had a show called “The 80’s - musics greatest decade” … so far so true 

but episode one gave a 5 minute segment to “The Fall” and now episode 3 gives them  another 3 minute segment  

clealry some fan boy wrote the show but seriously , outside of Villatalk which is wrong on just about everything musically I doubt anyone could name a Fall song 

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Watching in catchup but BBC had a show called “The 80’s - musics greatest decade” … so far so true 

but episode one gave a 5 minute segment to “The Fall” and now episode 3 gives them  another 3 minute segment  

clealry some fan boy wrote the show but seriously , outside of Villatalk which is wrong on just about everything musically I doubt anyone could name a Fall song 

I can see what you’ve done there, you’ve seen the word ‘greatest’ and misread it as ‘middle of the road pop favourites for housewives from DLT and Kid Jensen’.

It can happen to the best of us.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

My sister is as mainstream as they come. Grew up listening to the usual 80s shite that clogged the charts, aside from her excellent taste in country music it was all the usual suspects from the 80s. She could name at least 2 Fall records I reckon, probably Victoria and Hit The North at a guess. They aren't ubiquitous but I reckon most people of a vintage knew Victoria. 

27 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

My sister is as mainstream as they come. Grew up listening to the usual 80s shite that clogged the charts, aside from her excellent taste in country music it was all the usual suspects from the 80s. She could name at least 2 Fall records I reckon, probably Victoria and Hit The North at a guess. They aren't ubiquitous but I reckon most people of a vintage knew Victoria. 

Not forgetting “There's a Ghost in my House” and possibly “Mr Pharmacist” too

8 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

8 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I can see what you’ve done there, you’ve seen the word ‘greatest’ and misread it as ‘middle of the road pop favourites for housewives from DLT and Kid Jensen’.

It can happen to the best of us.

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Not forgetting “There's a Ghost in my House” and possibly “Mr Pharmacist” too

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Â