Weekends Football 30 April/2 May

andykeenan

Interesting now watching Sky try to find their position on this.

Until now they’ve been happy to have Neville etc front and centre calling for change and saying how disgusting it’s all been, which was fine and dandy for sky because they weren’t a part of the ESL, now however it’s hitting their commercial interests with a big game being called off.

Roy Keane on the protestors "You have to applaud them for it, they've had enough"

Sounness, they've thrown a flare at this platform, someone could have lost an eye, they've thrown a full can of beer, someone could have been killed, it's no laughing matter, there's nothing to applaud.

Keane "No one is applauding these supporters".

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

1000 point deduction, 100 point deduction to citeh for being in the same city, hand the title to Villa. 

I know, but it just sounds better.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Do you reckon Klopp will be able to complain about teams feeling unsafe while they are on their team bus with a straight face?

He'll be complaining about fatigue and tired players. 

"Games being called off Jurgen"

He'll be complaining about lack of games and players losing match fitness.

2 minutes ago, jjaacckk91 said:

Fair play carragher there not letting the sky presenter control the narrative.

That Sky presenter...Jones...what a tw#t...that last speech before they finished I wanted to punch him.  Carragher said what was right, that a few idiots did a few idiot things but shouldn’t take away from 1000s of fans message, then Jones just embarrassed himself, the self righteous dick

How have a handful of fans got this game called off. Police are soft in this country, get the water cannons out and get them gone.

I'm all for what they are protesting about but it seems mad to me that it's caused the game to be called off when we are playing behind closed doors anyway.

4 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

How have a handful of fans got this game called off. Police are soft in this country, get the water cannons out and get them gone.

I'm all for what they are protesting about but it seems mad to me that it's caused the game to be called off when we are playing behind closed doors anyway.

So you support the protest as long as it doesn’t actually achieve anything of note?

Edited by LondonLax
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

That Sky presenter...Jones...what a tw#t...that last speech before they finished I wanted to punch him.  Carragher said what was right, that a few idiots did a few idiot things but shouldn’t take away from 1000s of fans message, then Jones just embarrassed himself, the self righteous dick

My problem is that the 1000s fans message is the protest of the glazers means they don't want the ESL

That's not true, what they want is the glazers to stop taking money out of the club because they think it will give them financial dominance again

This is still all about money and being greedy as ****, these utd fans can't see the woods for the trees

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

My problem is that the 1000s fans message is the protest of the glazers means they don't want the ESL

That's not true, what they want is the glazers to stop taking money out of the club because they think it will give them financial dominance again

This is still all about money and being greedy as ****, these utd fans can't see the woods for the trees

It means both.  I’m not going to have a go because they want the money to stay in the club and spent on the team, we’ve been the same in the past with the Villa.  We want the club run well and the money invested in the team, can’t argue with that.  But they protested about ESL as well, that was the final straw.

2 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

So you support the protest as long as it doesn’t actually achieve anything of note?

They achieved something anyway, it made all the big news outlets even if the game went ahead.

I never said I don't support the protest, I'm surprised that such a small amount of people can't be dispersed and they get the game on. 

8 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Blink 182 Reaction GIF

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Pair of words removed. Any of you lot that actually put money in SkyScum's pocket should be ashamed.

Sky are symptomatic to the whole problem. The sooner the everyday fan realises that, the better! 

• Like 2

Â