Midweek Football 12/15 April

andykeenan

Just now, Tommo_b said:

We could?!

Everton and West Ham are now the best chance of someone knocking a couple of the 'big six' out of European competition completely next season - that would be a massive bonus for the likes of us, Everton, West Ham, Wolves and Leeds who are trying to close that gap and break the cartel.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Everton and West Ham are now the best chance of someone knocking a couple of the 'big six' out of European competition completely next season - that would be a massive bonus for the likes of us, Everton, West Ham, Wolves and Leeds who are trying to close that gap and break the cartel.

I'd much rather we finish above Everton to be honest. West Ham should already be top 6 from here.

Edited by fightoffyour

A win here and a win against Spurs would effectively leave Everton four points clear of Tottenham with a game in hand - that'd make it pretty likely that neither Spurs or Arsenal would be in Europe next season - that would have an effect on how Arsenal and Spurs could plan and spend and put a hole in their coefficients that might matter to them both in terms of how the new FFP and Euro qualification rules are written and in the effect those new rules have on them.

I'm confident we can compete with Everton over the next four or five years, what we need to do is break a couple of other teams, for me, Everton are an 'us' in the way the Premier league is currently set up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Yeah, I can't see it either, but I'd love it if it happened. 

Don't see them pulling the Real Madrid tie around so its got to be the league if they want to qualify for that. Does anybody really want to be in the europa league. 

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Does anybody really want to be in the europa league. 

I think with the way that the Premier league is opening up, the Europa league is gaining a little bit more of an attraction than it used to - qualifying for it is becoming an achievement rather than second prize - the direct financial rewards are rubbish, but it allows a club to remain relevant and supports the 'brand' in terms of other negotiations. If the coefficient becomes the mighty thing that UEFA seems to want it to be, then success in the Europa league could be very important. 

I want us to be in it anyway, for good old fashioned sporting reasons.

Liverpool might still sneak fourth, so for me it's important that West Ham and Everton keep winning.

I think Evertons league position flatters them and has for some time, they're not doing bad obviously but this is about where they'll finish. Looking poor yet again 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Brighton been battering Everton all match.

They're gonna lose 1 - 0 ain't they? Lol

I’ve never seen a team play like a top half team  90% of the time yet end up losing as often as Brighton do. 

• Like 1

Â