Midweek Football 12/15 April

andykeenan

Just now, Tommo_b said:

I’ve never seen a team play like a top half team  90% of the time yet end up losing as often as Brighton do. 

Indeed.

I've watched alot of their matches this season, and often feel bemused/sorry for Potter.

Everton are such a random team to me.

Most teams I've watched them in 2021 they've looked terrible. Tonight and home games v Newcastle, Fulham and Burnley yet they've had some very good results v the top teams pretty much all through the season and it's not like their first 11 is terrible, plenty of decent enough internationals in most positions.

They mirror us a bit although spend so much so think it shows you can spend 300-400m over 4-5 seasons but mentality to achieve stuff can still be lacking.

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Leicester, Spurs, Leicester, Liverpool next for Southampton.

Going to be very difficult for them to get through that without calls for the manager to go.

Yeah really disappointing run in 2021 so Hasenhuttl going to be under pressure given the club have backed him many times in last two seasons.

Wonder if that's why Eddie Howe is taking his time to take Celtic job as that would be ideal one to come back to the premier league, down the road and some decent attacking players to work with.

12 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I know Everton have  a few key injuries but really has Ancelotti really moved the club on since he has been there? Look a 7-9th club. I  wonder if the owners will get twitchy next season.

I don't think he has. also hes very negative. 

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Yeah really disappointing run in 2021 so Hasenhuttl going to be under pressure given the club have backed him many times in last two seasons.

Wonder if that's why Eddie Howe is taking his time to take Celtic job as that would be ideal one to come back to the premier league, down the road and some decent attacking players to work with.

He was at Burnley before,  rumours that Dyche is leaving so could end up there

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Everton and West Ham are now the best chance of someone knocking a couple of the 'big six' out of European competition completely next season - that would be a massive bonus for the likes of us, Everton, West Ham, Wolves and Leeds who are trying to close that gap and break the cartel.

Don't really think it matters much in the long run.

In the 15/16 season all of Chelsea, Man. United and Liverpool finished outside the top 4.

This was the table in January 2017:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38433519

6th 9 points clear of 7th.

Would rather we just try to finish as high as possible.

9 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

I’ve never seen a team play like a top half team  90% of the time yet end up losing as often as Brighton do. 

Front three of Lalana, Welbeck and Maupay and I don't know how they could expect anything else.

• Like 1

Just now, VillaChris said:

Nah can't see him taking that job or being a good fit at all, possibly Wilder would fit more there.

They have a lot of affection for him there and not sure they want the same type of maanger. also think the board are a bit pissed off that Dyche doesnt like his players diving. Its a reason bamford didnt fit in there. 

I know there is a lot of hatred toward the Champions League, but tonight will likely be one of the best games of football in a while (at least judging by the first leg and the result)

Bayern need to push it, I expect a high scoring game!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I know there is a lot of hatred toward the Champions League, but tonight will likely be one of the best games of football in a while (at least judging by the first leg and the result)

I can’t wait, the first leg was one of the best games I’ve watched in a long time.

48 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Great a  0-0 ;)  

19 minutes ago, Zatman said:

1st season they finished 8th, his 2nd season they finished 13th

If thats not backwards then what is

No about being homesick. Don't think he will end up there but hes held in high regard by Burnley fans 

Edited by PaulC

6 minutes ago, PaulC said:

No about being homesick. Don't think he will end up there but hes held in high regard by Burnley fans 

Its one of the most open secrets in football, he even dropped down a division to go back to Bournemouth

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

Its one of the most open secrets in football, he even dropped down a division to go back to Bournemouth

Family reasons but why would he even consider moving to Glasgow then.  Maybe Chris is right then and he is waiting for the Southampton job, but although they have been on a bad run. They are still in the FA Cup and in all honesty Southampton are a selling club and they are where they should be. 

Â