Midweek Football 12/15 April

andykeenan

11 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Also, I'm not sure that UEFA have prepared for the likes of Spurs or Liverpool being in their Conference competition - the final is being played in a stadium with a capacity of 22,500.

UEFA scrap the Cup Winners Cup to bring in a conference league it's laughable.

Cup Winners Cup would have been a better idea to bring back straight away it has history behind it to make it worth winning.   Straight knock out like a proper cup competition from round 1 and it would be good TV.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Also, I'm not sure that UEFA have prepared for the likes of Spurs or Liverpool being in their Conference competition - the final is being played in a stadium with a capacity of 22,500.

in Albania as well, I await the complaints from the media if they do get to the final just like the Europa from 2 years back

10 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Nope, sorry, that's wrong too - the League cup place gets you qualification for the Europa Conference league now, not the Europa league proper - so in the scenario above, it would actually be:

• 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 6th (Chelsea), and 9th (Arsenal) in the Champions League
  • 4th and 13th (Southampton) in the Europa League
  • 7th (Spurs) in the Europa Conference.

It could get fun for the likes of Liverpool.

Still not quite right. The premier league site has the simplest explanation (for something fairly complicated, that is) on their European qualification for UEFA competitions explained page and it clearly states:

The maximum number of English teams in UEFA competitions is seven.

The maximum number of English teams in UEFA competitions is seven.

So if Arsenal win the Europa league, the Premier League loses a Europa League spot for next season?

That really does open up the possibility of Arsenal going into the Europa League final knowing that a win voids Tottenham's qualification for Europe - that would be hilarious.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â