Midweek Football 12/15 April

andykeenan

I've watched a fair bit of Dortmund this season and Bellingham is the real deal. They've been at sixes and sevens in the league and it may take some time for Marco Rose to sort them out before they're firing on all cylinders again, but Bellingham has looked the part despite the lack of coherence around him.

4 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

I don't give a toss about the Blues connection, from an England POV he is looking very Gerrard like. 

Nor me, them lot down the road boasting about him is laughable and more that a little sad 

He's a dortmund and England player

2 minutes ago, JamieZ said:

I've watched a fair bit of Dortmund this season and Bellingham is the real deal. They've been at sixes and sevens in the league and it may take some time for Marco Rose to sort them out before they're firing on all cylinders again, but Bellingham has looked the part despite the lack of coherence around him.

When they signed him I messaged the ST holder in my office and said "he'll end up better than sancho" 

Stand by it 

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

When they signed him I messaged the ST holder in my office and said "he'll end up better than sancho" 

Stand by it 

My guess is he'll be more consistent than Sancho.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JamieZ said:

My guess is he'll be more consistent than Sancho.

I think sancho will get this mega move (not for £100m though) and just fade away 

Not quite SWP found out levels but with his position and his attitude he won't have the top level longevity that Bellingham will 

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

I think sancho will get this mega move (not for £100m though) and just fade away 

Not quite SWP found out levels but with his position and his attitude he won't have the top level longevity that Bellingham will 

I've seen some really impressive glimpses from Sancho, but I also wouldn't bet against you.

• Like 1

Bellingham is in an advantagous position with England because there aren't many English attacking box-to-box midfielders of his sort at the moment, he's the closet there is at the moment to a Gerrard/Lampard type.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Nor me, them lot down the road boasting about him is laughable and more that a little sad 

He's a dortmund and England player

Why is it a little sad? Would you not feel proud if Jack left Villa but went on to be one of the best players in the world? 

Retiring shirt numbers is ridiculous, but being proud of a player who joined as a child and went on to be the player he already is, is something to be proud about. 

Just now, Don_Simon said:

Why is it a little sad? Would you not feel proud if Jack left Villa but went on to be one of the best players in the world? 

Retiring shirt numbers is ridiculous, but being proud of a player who joined as a child and went on to be the player he already is, is something to be proud about. 

Yeah I'd watch him and enjoy it but I claim his success and dortmunds success as equal to villas like he's still one of our own? Not a chance

I also wouldn't spin it in to boasts that he's better than grealish when grealish is still our player and he's not theirs! 

A guy leaving and doing well can be enjoyed but it's not a badge of honour 

• Like 1

Â