Midweek Football 15/18 March

andykeenan

Just now, Genie said:

019-A179-B-A81-A-4-E9-A-8-BE2-2-F597-A74 

spacer.png

82-F549-DD-CA67-4-BBE-85-CA-5-F5355479-B

I see two League 1 quality sides in there :lol: 

Not sure how 1 result changes what I said. They can spend a game sitting back for most of it, and still win comfortably (especially if the opposition spends 60 minutes with 10 men).

I watch every Spurs game, my brother's a fan. This is just what they do against most of the decent teams. A lot of the times it works, but a lot of the time it doesn't. Spurs fans have clearly had enough of this. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

The mighty Rangers, led by the even mightier captain and leader Stevie G are behind to Slavia Prague.

season 2 lol GIF

Kemar Roofe is about to be thrown under the bus by Gerrard, hasnt had much opportunities to do it this season as they have been winning

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

Straight red.

Is he protesting his innocence? 

Its a horror looking tackle but he does have his eyes only on the ball. I am on the fence about it myself 

17 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

There’s no intent to injure the keeper there.

However it’s completely bloody reckless, definitely a red card and frankly if he had a 5 game ban for that he shouldn’t have any complaints. 

my issue with this is are bicycle kicks reckless? They are as dangerous as that tackle and the foot is as high

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

my issue with this is are bicycle kicks reckless? They are as dangerous as that tackle and the foot is as high

They probably are as dangerous, yes. And it’s hard for me to argue for one and not the other.

However I genuinely can’t recall a similar injury that has occurred when a bicycle kick’s been attempted and gone wrong, whereas I feel like I’ve seen tonight’s sort of incident a number of times. Maybe that’s simply because that sort of incident occurs more often than when the opportunity for bicycle kick arises.

Had a quick look and this is the first/top example of an overhead kick injuring someone, in the Japanese J league.

So like I say, I can’t properly justify one and not the other. Maybe in part it’s the pace of the one, two players running towards each other at speed lends itself to more danger. Maybe it’s that players trying a bicycle kick tend to have their studs facing away from a defensive player when attempting it. They’re in a stationary position to begin with so maybe there’s a bit more control and time to gauge whether it’s going to work.... these are musings rather than solid justifications.

In short, I don’t know.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Shameful club

They are saying he was beat up for racially abusing a Rangers player. Bit confused on who did it if no fans allowed in

Rangers manager has previous for assault 🙈

This one will blow up into a big story - Glen Kamara was alleged to have been racially insulted on the pitch at the end of the game and there was a bit of a fracas. Not sure whether the incident on Kudela being assaulted happened then or afterward, but Rangers are definitely taking the line that they're in the right here.

Also, the wound on the keeper looks absolutely horrific when you see the pictures.

Â