Midweek Football 15/18 March

andykeenan

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

these are serious issues but seems the Premier League are allowing the England captain to aim for this area weekly and not doing anything about it. Most other sports are trying ban this sort of injury yet nothing has been done about Kane

Agreed, the tactic that Kane has used numerous times is plain dangerous and I'm sick of it being ignored by refs and the media. If it continues he will seriously hurt someone or someone else will copying his disgusting tactic.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

teams are gassed out we for example have played 12 games in the last 50 days and if honest I think the enthusiasm is gone for football as well with no fans. Its no different for players at the moment than doing a boring office job and clocking out to go home

If my office job was paying me 120k a week and my every move was broadcast world over then available for in depth review for the rest of time then yes, it's exactly the same.

So there we have that injury to a player happening in a situation where the assistant doesn't raise his flag even thou there is a clear offside.

Only a matter of time before we have an even more serious injury

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rino8 said:

If my office job was paying me 120k a week and my every move was broadcast world over then available for in depth review for the rest of time then yes, it's exactly the same.

If you were getting paid £120k a week after a little while the money would lose its ability to motivate. 
You’d stop waking up skipping and hitting your heels together.

It would be your job, and you’d have days where you’re just not in the mood for it like every other job.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sne said:

So there we have that injury to a player happening in a situation where the assistant doesn't raise his flag even thou there is a clear offside.

Only a matter of time before we have an even more serious injury

Yeah, always felt it was a matter of time before something like this happened. The hesitancy from assistants since VAR has come in needs addressing. 

12 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Yeah, always felt it was a matter of time before something like this happened. The hesitancy from assistants since VAR has come in needs addressing. 

It happened with Van Dijk as well didnt it

7 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Why does it matter if it were offside or not though? The injury could happen if he were onside too.

of course it can but the ball is still in play then, the flag going up late is just playing on unnecessarily 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

of course it can but the ball is still in play then, the flag going up late is just playing on unnecessarily 

Its seems stupid to me that the linesmen doesn't put his flag up when he knows its clear offside. If its a tight one fair enough. 

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The whole point of keeping the flag down is to give VAR the chance to look at it should the ball go in the net. The only thing VAR could do to address this is cease to exist really.

Chelsea have got away with one - probably a foul in the box, soft and the fella's gone down very easy - but the weird thing on it is that it's clearly a big incident and VAR didn't even bother having a look at it. 

Who makes that decision for VAR? Because in this case it looks like it's made by whoever has the most roubles.

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Chelsea have got away with one - probably a foul in the box, soft and the fella's gone down very easy - but the weird thing on it is that it's clearly a big incident and VAR didn't even bother having a look at it. 

Who makes that decision for VAR? Because in this case it looks like it's made by whoever has the most roubles.

I thought there was a var check and might it have started just outside the area. Soft yes. 

37 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

According to the commentary team no check took place. 

Have they ever clarified this? 

I thought that originally during the fifa trials VAR checked everything, they watched the whole game, they didn't check isolated incidents, they watch everything then recommend what the ref uses the screen to take a better look

This "didn't evencheck it" stuff can't be right

Â