Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

2 hours ago, romavillan said:

It'll be him, McGinn, Kamara, The Donk and Luiz competing for the two spots in front of the back four. Could conceivably play as the central player of the 3 behind the striker if we want to be compact and keep the ball rather than play an attacking/flair 10.

On that basis given injuries and there being 5 subs to use every game if he trains well then he should get a look in under Emery at some point. Last chance saloon though, through no fault of his own either mind, whenever Gerrard played him he looked very good. On merit he should have played instead of McGinn you'd have thought,, a few times at least.

In a 4231 Kamara, Luiz and Donk would be the obvious candidates for the double pivot. McGinn (who I still believe can add something if he gets some form back) isn’t good as a holding midfielder and I don’t see Sanson’s strength there either.

Edited by VillaParkAvenue

5 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

In a 4231 Kamara, Luiz and Donk would be the obvious candidates for the double pivot. McGinn (who I still believe can add something if he gets some form back) isn’t good as a holding midfielder and I don’t see Sanson’s strength there either.

Aside from the fact he started there for a europa league finalist? 

24 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

The pair in front of the back 4 would be one playmaker (Luiz, McGinn, Sanson) and one more ballwinning (Kamara, Donk) I reckon though wouldn't they?

• Like 1

Emery will likely want some key players in his own image so several players will likely leave. Sanson seems more accomplished than most so its a mystery but he looks vulnerable however surely will be given a chance?

Our midfield squad looks bloated with Kamara, Luiz, Dendonker, Sanson, McGinn, Ramsey, Nakamba also Iroegbunam all possibly fighting over 2 and at best 3 positions.

Much as I want him to succeed I can only see him being sold. I think Sanson, McGinn and Nakamba will leave before next season starts.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

Emery will likely want some key players in his own image so several players will likely leave. Sanson seems more accomplished than most so its a mystery but he looks vulnerable however surely will be given a chance?

Our midfield squad looks bloated with Kamara, Luiz, Dendonker, Sanson, McGinn, Ramsey, Nakamba also Iroegbunam all possibly fighting over 2 and at best 3 positions.

Much as I want him to succeed I can only see him being sold. I think Sanson, McGinn and Nakamba will leave before next season starts.

Nakamba needs to go, so does McGinn.

McGinn won't be competing for any spot in the double pivot because when he plays there all he does is walk towards the defence whilst they look for a pass. Entire body square to the ball and back to the opposition goal with a player behind him and wonder why he's not recieving the ball.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Yeah he'll probably struggle still. Dendoncker and Kamara have some size and are propr 6s having played as CBs. Then Luiz and McGinn are more hybrid players who are good going forward and can put in defensive shifts. 

JJ and Tim are young but could provide two more players for those roles

McGinn 😂

Will be one of the first moved on

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Strasbourg and Turkey the 2 Villa loan locations 😂

Might not be any truth to the links, but his frustrations over the past two years might have him wanting a fresh start regardless of the new manager or he might be chomping at the bit to prove himself.Let’s hope it’s the latter.

• Like 2

I'd give him a chance before a few other midfielders not at their best right now, but the truth is we are overloaded in midfield and that doesn't make sense for our wage bill. Someone is going to go. Sadly I think this is a big part of him being set to move on. Who knows what happens with Emery though. 

It will be interesting and well timed. Of the three managers he would seem to fit Emery’s style the best. You’d think this is the best chance for him to get in the team. From the little we’ve seen in actual games his ability to tackle, dribble and make a pass would suit a 4-2-3-1 well. 

I hope he takes this chance to impress.

4 minutes ago, villaslash said:

It will be interesting and well timed. Of the three managers he would seem to fit Emery’s style the best. You’d think this is the best chance for him to get in the team. From the little we’ve seen in actual games his ability to tackle, dribble and make a pass would suit a 4-2-3-1 well. 

I hope he takes this chance to impress.

will be interesting to see if Emery primarily goes for a 4231 or 442.

Check in on your local Sanson cultist today.

Was a brief journey from Morgan will rise like a phoenix, finally realizing his massive potential, to what must be a grim realization- that he is headed out that door one last time.

Who will be brave enough to get to the bottom of what is undoubtedly a massive conspiracy?

#FREEMORGAN

Edited by grantholtgolazo
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Sanson is supposedly on 48k per week, how much of that would Villa pay? How many years does he have left?

Loaning players out and still paying all or parts of their wages is so shit.

48k. You can thank Gerrard for not even giving him junk minutes with 5 subs available.

Absolutely 100% went out of his way to ensure there wouldn't be a single suitor remotely interested in taking him or looking at him or taking a punt.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 1

Â