Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

Didn’t watch the game but highlights showed the good and bad of Mcginn which was a fanatic cross to Watkins which he just had to score but then also trying to do too much in the middle and losing the ball leading to a break they should have scored from. 

Sanson I hear played well but nothing on highlights so I guess it was just his general play rather than anything significant. 

On 27/07/2022 at 21:35, thunderball said:

I think Sanson in a midfield 3 of McGinn, Kamara, Sanson  with a three of either Coutinho/Buendia/Bailey/Ings would work well

I would love to see:

Kamara

Sanson, Douglas Luiz

Bailey, Buendia

Ings

With Jacob Ramsey and Coutinho/Traore the first options off the bench. Will never happen though with the undroppable McGinn around.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

"McGinn hides from the ball for tge whole game" is single-handedly the worst football related opinion ever released. Well done you.

McGinn does hide from the ball though. It's plain to see. He doesn't back himself in tight areas, and his low passing stats back this up.

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Didn’t watch the game but highlights showed the good and bad of Mcginn which was a fanatic cross to Watkins which he just had to score but then also trying to do too much in the middle and losing the ball leading to a break they should have scored from. 

Sanson I hear played well but nothing on highlights so I guess it was just his general play rather than anything significant. 

yeah, more the way he helped the build up from the back, then driving runs through the midfield before an intelligent lay off.

He was dropping back and interchanging passes with Carlos, Kamara and Couts to help us play out from the back (very well i might add), then when he did get the ball further up, he was either just very composed and crisp with his passing, or a couple of times he drove forward sprinting with the ball then offloading when needed.

Basically, he wasnt doing the McGinn "30 second highlight reel - then terrible the rest of the time", Sanson was just really good and involved in all link up play.

When Timmy and Sanson came on, and Kamara dropped to CB, i was the first time in the match that we started controlling possession, and building from the back without losing it.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

McGinn does hide from the ball though. It's plain to see. He doesn't back himself in tight areas, and his low passing stats back this up.

This is bollocks :D 

His "low passing stats" are that he attempted 39 passes per game - very roughly the same as Sanson (39.3, although limited minutes of course) and Ramsey (38) who are probably his most comparable midfielders.  Luiz (49 per 90) attempted far more passes than any of them.  You'd expect this given their playing postions - almost across the board the players making the most passes are defenders, then defensive midfielders and it works up the pitch.  But who passed the ball under pressure the most in the entire side?  That's right, your boy John McGinn - somehow simultaneously "hiding from the ball" whilst being under pressure.

He's **** magic, obviously :D 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

This is bollocks :D 

His "low passing stats" are that he attempted 39 passes per game - very roughly the same as Sanson (39.3, although limited minutes of course) and Ramsey (38) who are probably his most comparable midfielders.  Luiz (49 per 90) attempted far more passes than any of them.  You'd expect this given their playing postions - almost across the board the players making the most passes are defenders, then defensive midfielders and it works up the pitch.  But who passed the ball under pressure the most in the entire side?  That's right, your boy John McGinn - somehow simultaneously "hiding from the ball" whilst being under pressure.

He's **** magic, obviously :D 

Is this per game or per 90?

18 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Why? He had 3 before and rarely did.

I feel that he used all three subs in 90% of the games as far as I can remember.

So it's not a leap thinking Sanson has more chance of getting on the pitch now.

9 minutes ago, Rolta said:

I feel that he used all three subs in 90% of the games as far as I can remember.

So it's not a leap thinking Sanson has more chance of getting on the pitch now.

Fair point. But he needs a run of starts!

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Hide from it the whole game does he, like rodders wrote? 

I'm not saying mcginn is the greatest player in the world, but writing bollocks like that is just ridiculous and your lost gives it some merit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dillon66 said:

I know it's unlikely but I'd really like to see Sanson get a run of games in these early season fixtures, give him a proper chance at showing what he can do........could save us a fortune.

There is a reason he was touted as a 35/40 million Euro player a short time ago and it was not for his ravishing good looks 

Â