Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

9 minutes ago, Xela said:

If Sanson was better than McGinn then our last two managers would have picked him ahead of McGinn. 

And he would have better options than a £5m gig in Turkey than a guy who has in recent years been linked with a £50m transfer to UTD. 

7 minutes ago, av1 said:

And he would have better options than a £5m gig in Turkey than a guy who has in recent years been linked with a £50m transfer to UTD. 

They few times he played for us, he looked pretty decent. Wasn't a fish out of water like Drinkwater. You'd think there was a French club looking to sign him - especially with all the talent that leaves that country every year that needs replacing. A bit of an enigma his situation. 

• Like 1

It’ll be a shame if Sansón leaves without ever getting a proper run in the team but you have to trust the managers assessment, and all evidence suggest neither Dean Smith or Gerrard rate him enough to give him games. 
I remember the chat around this transfer at the time was that while Sanson wasn’t a player we we’re in great need of it was a good deal and a ‘clever’ piece of business with Marseille in financial trouble. It feels like transfers like that rarely turn out well, I remember the Donny Van de Beek to Utd and Minamino to LPool transfers were talked about in a similar tone. It’s obviously better to buy for squad need rather than good business.

3 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

They few times he played for us, he looked pretty decent. Wasn't a fish out of water like Drinkwater. You'd think there was a French club looking to sign him - especially with all the talent that leaves that country every year that needs replacing. A bit of an enigma his situation. 

I agree mate. I’m not saying that he isn’t talented, in fact I’d have loved to see more of him. But I’m not arrogant enough to think that I know more about football than 2 sets of professional coaching setup’s that have disagreed. 

32 minutes ago, Xela said:

If Sanson was better than McGinn then our last two managers would have picked him ahead of McGinn. 

Do you think every manager gets their selections correct then?

Also, managers pick players that are best for a team's current system/situation. Doesn't necessarily mean he's better.

23 minutes ago, av1 said:

If there was genuine interest from United in McGinn, he'd be there. He's not good enough for that level.

48 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We bought him for 14 mill with add ons ( Any of which i doubt were fullfilled ).

Either way yes it would be a shite return.

not to mention the fact that it's incredibly unlikely he's actually available for £5m. You can't even buy a Harry Winks for that much, we might as well just keep him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

Do you think every manager gets their selections correct then?

Also, managers pick players that are best for a team's current system/situation. Doesn't necessarily mean he's better.

No, but the fact that both managers don't like/trust/rate him is telling. I'd back Gerrard's judgement on what a decent midfielder looks like, as well as McAllister as his number 2, after seeing him train every day, over people on an internet message board. 

I'm not saying Sanson is a bad player, but he's clearly not the answer for us 

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

That would be McGinn though...

All that proves is that McGinn is a better option than Sanson. 

23 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

not to mention the fact that it's incredibly unlikely he's actually available for £5m. You can't even buy a Harry Winks for that much, we might as well just keep him.

I would keep him for definite but probably not for footballing reasons 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I would keep him for definite but probably not for footballing reasons 

See my earlier post today

8 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Why would he want to go to Turkey, why would we sell such a rugged hunk of a man for only £5m (worth keeping around to look at just for that much), and why wouldn't any other clubs with more money based in countries that aren't suffering from 800% inflation be interested at that price?

I'll believe it when I see him ITSOTGP before I start making any suggestions of wiping that grin off Lange's face.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tom13 said:

If there was genuine interest from United in McGinn, he'd be there. He's not good enough for that level.

And if Sanson was good enough for the PL he’d have more interest than clubs from Turkey

Just now, av1 said:

And if Sanson was good enough for the PL he’d have more interest than clubs from Turkey

People won't know for sure if he's good enough as he's not been given a fair shot. But when he has played he's looked more than capable.

Just now, Tom13 said:

People won't know for sure if he's good enough as he's not been given a fair shot. But when he has played he's looked more than capable.

You do know that professional scouts are paid for this stuff don’t you? 

And 2 set of professional management groups have thought McGinn is better. 

Yet plonkers on here think they’ve seen enough in the odd 20min cameos to decide they know better. Give your head a wobble mate. 

5 minutes ago, av1 said:

Yet plonkers on here think they’ve seen enough in the odd 20min cameos to decide they know better. Give your head a wobble mate. 

Plenty of 'professional management groups' have made poor decisions.

Just because people have different opinions to you, no need to get upset about it.

Wind your neck in pal.

9 minutes ago, av1 said:

It's just an opinion, chill out FFs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â